Packing for a vacation can be a maddening experience. You spend hours digging through your closets, chests of drawers, and other storage spaces looking for all the right clothes. Then comes the fun part: Trying to pack it all into a suitcase while staying under the weight limit. You surely don’t want to get socked with a surcharge once you arrive at the airline ticket counter.
Throughout this mind-bending exercise, it’s easy to overlook some very important steps that can help make your Arizona vacation go smoother, especially if you suffer a loss. Here are some suggestions to consider before packing your luggage.
1. Buy a backpack. Talk about versatile baggage. Forget that small piece of luggage that comes snuggled inside your main suitcase. A backpack has multiple storage compartments that secure with a zipper, and it easily stores in the overhead bins. Best of all, you can sling it over your shoulder for easy transport.
2. Store your valuables in the backpack during the flight. This will keep them in sight, but also protects them. A 35mm SLR camera and a handheld transceiver (H-T, to you ham radio ops out there), bit the dust on separate trips because I stashed them in the suitcase. Even though I wrapped them in clothing, they still got jostled enough to break. A very costly learning experience.
3. Make photocopies of your passport. Leave one copy at home or with a trusted friend. The others are stashed in your room safe. (If you don’t have access to a safe, hide the paperwork in rolled up clothing.) If your passport is lost or stolen, the sooner you can provide the consulate or embassy with a photocopy, the faster you’ll get a new passport. You may even consider scanning the appropriate page, and leaving that file home. Your contact there can easily e-mail the file, should that become necessary.
Texas Vacation Ideas
Switzerland’s serene beauty and mystique closeness to nature makes it one of the most romantic destinations in the world. Despite being a small country, it is counted amongst the most picturesque ones in Europe as well as in other continents. Switzerland promises an extremely enjoyable travel experience, packed with wonderful sceneries, rich heritage, and vibrant village culture. These amenities make Switzerland an extremely desirable honeymoon destination for travelers from India as well as other parts of the world. Recent years have seen rising demands for honeymoon packages to various parts of the country.
Be it the scintillating snow-capped Alps Mountains or the grand historic castles, there are numerous options of places to explore in Switzerland. For a newly married couple, there is a vast variety of options to spend quality time in each other’s company. The Swiss culture, along with the world famous Swiss chocolates, provides the best scenario for couples on a vacation. If you’re planning this intimate phase of your newly started married life in Switzerland, here are the three must-do activities that should definitely not be missed:
Visit to Jungfrau Region
Switzerland is famous for its profound and eye pleasing sceneries. Although the country provides a wide range of sites where stunning views can be enjoyed, the Jungfrau region definitely stands outs among them. The region displays vast snow-capped peaks of three prime mountains: the Jungfrau, the Monch, and the Eiger Mountain. One can also see beautiful green valleys and meadows in the region. Therefore, it is considered to be amongst the most scenic places in the world. Away from the populous and noisy metropolitan cities, this region provides an ideal environment for couples to cherish their private moments. Jungfrau is featured on most visited honeymoon packages for Switzerland offered by various tour companies.
Participate in Local Festivals
There are numerous local festivals in Switzerland which are celebrated with joy and liveliness by the locals. Skipping these means to skip loads of fun and entertainment. These festivals, ranging from wine tasting festival to Swiss folk music, art and craft festival to wrestling events, take you up close to the Swiss culture and traditions. The Fasnacht Spring Carnival in Basel is the highlight among all the Swiss festivals. It is a three-day spring carnival which brings all locals and visitors together, with people dressed in aesthetic and colorful costumes, wearing masks and parading on the streets. This delightful festival takes place between the months of February and March. If you find planning your honeymoon during this time of the year, make sure that you visit Basel and enjoy the festivities.
Visit to Lausanne
Zurich, Bern and Geneva are amongst the major cities of the country. But Switzerland is home to many other cities that are as beautiful and pleasing if not more. Lausanne is one such city, located on the shores of Lake Geneva. Lausanne is a perfect getaway from the hustle and crowd of the big cities and also provides a chance to explore the beauty and simplicity of the countryside. Here you will find old and medieval towns and markets along with stylish and modern cafes and bars. You can also choose to stay simply there and enjoy the beautiful views of Lake Geneva.
There are various other quaint and attractive places that you can include on your Switzerland holiday packages. The country also promises exhilarating visuals of contemporary art. Enjoying local wine and stuffing yourself with cheese will make you feel at home in this beautiful country. Availing honeymoon packages for Switzerland and its various parts is the perfect way to spend quality time with your soul mate.
4. Copy any pertinent medical records and prescription information as above.
Guided City Tour in Arizona
After the big day, newlywed couples looking to spend a relaxing and enchanting honeymoon abroad have a variety of luxurious options available when considering the best quiet islands in Thailand.
Each island offers its own fascinating local venues and attractions. With so much to consider when examining Thailand luxury villas, there are five different locations that can be highlighted as the strongest contenders for the best island in Thailand for a honeymoon. These five mini-paradises are explored below, giving special attention to the traits in each location that truly ensure a stay will fit every couple's style.
Koh Yao Noi
While commercial development on Koh Yao Noi is accelerating every year, this beautiful getaway still provides the quiet and intimate setting to spend a truly unforgettable honeymoon.
Koh Yao Noi accommodation includes a range of breathtaking resorts, including Coastal Escape. This location is easily one of the highest rated destinations for vacations and luxury stays. Coastal Escape offers a private pool with a comfortable patio, rooms with ocean views, and grounds perfect for exploring, or photography.
There are many other enchanting island refuge hotels in Koh Yao Noi to choose from, however. One that should absolutely be given consideration is the acclaimed Six Senses Yao Noi Resort. This facility offers some of the best in Thailand private pool villas, as well as generous opportunities for private indulgence and relaxation.
Another Thailand island which is sure to provide a memorable stay is Ko Tao. Here, adventurous couples can dive into a day of snorkeling, or even go on a daring rock-climbing expedition.
While local attractions abound for those ready to try something new, the island is also still secluded enough to offer intimacy and relaxation galore. This makes it the perfect locale for a day of making memories, ending in a quiet evening enjoying the view and the amenities available in the various local luxury hotels.
Ko Pha Ngan
Sometimes also called Koh Phangan, this island is an excellent choice for couples looking to party hard in an island paradise in celebration of their new marriage.
Ko Pha Ngan is home to a lively festival called the Full Moon Party, which, as its name suggests, takes place on the full moon of each month. This event features electronic music and attracts over 30,000 attendees to its beach-side fun in the average month.
In addition to this attraction, Ko Pha Ngan offers some truly beautiful resorts along the coastlines, with ocean views and luxury pool villas. These provide the perfect home-base to return to after an exciting night under the full moon's glow.
With over 18,000 hotel rooms reported on the island by the end of 2014, this is a tourist hot-spot buzzing with activity for the energetic couple. Ko Samui offers gorgeous retreats all over the island with coastal balcony views, pool villas, and renowned service and cuisine options.
In addition to the comfortable hotels, Ko Samui is home to several prominent cultural events. These include the Samui Regatta, which is an annual sailing tournament seeing competitors from as far away as Australia. In addition, the THA Midnight Run charity race is one of the biggest run races in Thailand, with up to 2,000 participants per race. Or couples wanting something a little more adventurous could attend the Buffalo Fighting Festival, which occurs during special times on the calendar, including New Year's Day.
The natural geography of Ko Chang, Thailand's third-largest island, creates an inspiring landscape of hills and waterfalls, which are perfect for backpacking and photography both.
In addition to the flora and fauna to be admired on Ko Chang, there are plenty of local attractions to enjoy, including Wat Salak Phet. This historical temple now serves as a museum commemorating visits to the island by King Rama V.
For beach-side fun, the honeymooning couple should check out the ever-popular White Sand Beach, which is the most frequented beach on the island by tourists from around the world. If couples would like something a bit quieter, but with a unique partying flavor, Lonely Beach is a good place to find affordable accommodations and near-nightly parties during tourist season. Finally, Klong Kloi Beach offers an even quieter setting for anyone wanting to enjoy the natural beauty of the island away from prying eyes.
- Sightseeing Phoenix Arizona
- Tourist Attractions Tucson Arizona
- Things To Do In Mesa Arizona
- Sightseeing Tour Chandler Arizona
- Guided City Tour Glendale Arizona
- Tours Scottsdale Arizona
- Tours Gilbert Arizona
- Tours Tempe Arizona
- City Tour Peoria Arizona
- Things To Do Near Me Surprise Arizona
- Things To Do In Yuma Arizona
- Guided Tour Avondale Arizona
- Tours Flagstaff Arizona
- Things To Do In Goodyear Arizona
- City Tour Lake Havasu Arizona
- Sightseeing Tour Buckeye Arizona
- Attractions Casa Grande Arizona
- Tourist Attractions Sierra Vista Arizona
- City Tour Maricopa Arizona
- Sightseeing Tour Oro Valley Arizona
- City Tour Prescott Arizona
- Things To Do In Bullhead Arizona
- Sightseeing Prescott Valley Arizona
- City Tour Apache Junction Arizona
- Tours Marana Arizona
- Sightseeing Tour El Mirage Arizona
- Tourist Attractions Kingman Arizona
- City Tour Queen Creek Arizona
- City Tour Florence Arizona
- Tourist Attractions San Luis Arizona
- Guided City Tour Sahuarita Arizona
- Guided City Tour Fountain Hills Arizona
- Things To Do In Nogales Arizona
- Sightseeing Tour Douglas Arizona
- Things To Do In Eloy Arizona
- Guided City Tour Payson Arizona
- Attractions Somerton Arizona
- Sightseeing Tour Paradise Valley Arizona
- Things To Do Near Me Coolidge Arizona
- Tours Cottonwood Arizona
- Sightseeing Camp Verde Arizona
- Guided Tour Chino Valley Arizona
- Attractions Show Low Arizona
- Things To Do Near Me Sedona Arizona
- Things To Do Near Me Winslow Arizona
- Sightseeing Tour Safford Arizona
- Sightseeing Globe Arizona
- Tours Page Arizona
- City Tour Tolleson Arizona
- Guided Tour Wickenburg Arizona
- Attractions Young Arizona
- Things To Do In South Tucson Arizona
- Guided Tour Snowflake Arizona
- Sightseeing Bisbee Arizona
- City Tour Guadalupe Arizona
- City Tour Litchfield Park Arizona
- City Tour Benson Arizona
- Guided City Tour Holbrook Arizona
- Guided City Tour Cave Creek Arizona
- Guided Tour Eagar Arizona
- Tourist Attractions Thatcher Arizona
- City Tour Colorado Arizona
- Tours Pinetop-Lakeside Arizona
- Things To Do In Taylor Arizona
- Sightseeing Clarkdale Arizona
- Things To Do In Dewey-Humboldt Arizona
- Attractions Willcox Arizona
- Guided City Tour Quartzsite Arizona
- Tourist Attractions St. Johns Arizona
- Tourist Attractions Carefree Arizona
- Things To Do In Clifton Arizona
- Sightseeing Parker Arizona
- Tourist Attractions Williams Arizona
- City Tour Wellton Arizona
- Attractions Superior Arizona
- Tourist Attractions Pima Arizona
- Attractions Star Valley Arizona
- Guided Tour Springerville Arizona
- Things To Do Near Me Kearny Arizona
- City Tour Gila Bend Arizona
- Tours Huachuca Arizona
- Attractions Miami Arizona
- Things To Do Near Me Mammoth Arizona
- Sightseeing Tombstone Arizona
- Things To Do Near Me Fredonia Arizona
- City Tour Patagonia Arizona
- Tourist Attractions Duncan Arizona
- Sightseeing Tour Hayden Arizona
- Things To Do In Jerome Arizona
- Guided Tour Winkelman Arizona
- Attractions Tusayan Arizona