Encourage staff and managers to take their vacation time. Even a day or two of vacation can make a huge difference in employee motivation. Now is the best time to plan the summer schedule and ensure that your employees are taking those earned and deserved vacation days and Arizona .
USA Today published that some 51% of executives surveyed by Accountemps, Menlo Park, Calif., a specialized staffing service for temporary accounting, finance, and bookkeeping professionals, maintain they are more productive after a vacation than before.
The Best Attractions in Arizona
Now there is more proof that vacations increase employee productivity and even improve overall health, as the Travel Industry Association released its conclusions from studies of data that looked at the health benefits of vacation travel.
Family Vacations - Texas Vacations That Strengthen the Family Ties
Scenic desert drives, water sports, skiing, hiking, site-seeing, professional sports and camping are just the tip of the iceberg of things to do in the great state of Arizona, which offers one of the most diverse landscapes in the United States. Picking the top 10 tourist attractions while on vacation in Arizona is very difficult, to say the least. When traveling through Arizona it's a must to buy a detailed map of the area you plan on visiting, because Arizona has numerous hidden treasures within the desert.
Outlined below is a list of the biggest attractions that the state of Arizona has to offer. It's a must that you are prepared when you plan a road trip through this beautiful state. The demands of American life usually only afford us so many annual vacations, you're going to get short changed anyway during your stay. But if for some reason you have a couple of weeks to work with, there will be no shortage of things to do during your travels through Arizona.
1. Grand Canyon National Park - The Grand Canyon speaks for itself; this is Arizona's pride and joy. The Grand Canyon is located in the northwest part of the state. Carved out by the Colorado River over millions of years. One of America's natural wonders and first National Parks, its one thing you must see during your lifetime; it's also one of the Seven Wonders of the World. River rafting, hiking and the skywalk on the West Rim are good starters...just to name a few. While in the Grand Canyon area, be sure to check out the Reindeer Farm west of Flagstaff.
2. Hoover Dam - A lot more than just a big stack of concrete, the mere size of Hoover Dam is awe-inspiring. Constructed in the 1930's, Hoover Dam is located in northwest Arizona sharing a border with Nevada. Named after former president Herbert Hoover, Hoover Dam was one of the biggest projects of it's time. During your visit to Hoover Dam make sure that you visit Lake Mead.
3. Sedona AZ- Located south of Flagstaff, in Red Rock country, is another one of Arizona's not so best kept secrets. Sedona is home to some of Arizona's and Hollywood's elite; Sharon Stone and Al Pacino have homes in Sedona, so does John Travolta. Sedona also has some of the most beautiful sunsets and scenic drives in the country. Numerous hiking and biking trails dominate the colorful red rock sandstone landscape. Must-sees when you travel to Sedona include the Solid Rock church and Slide Rock Park. Kill an entire day sliding down natural rock formations. While in the Sedona area make sure that you check out Jerome and Prescott as well.
4. Monument Valley Park - Located in the northeastern part of the state, Monument Valley is famous for the legendary battles between the Roadrunner and Wiley Coyote (Warner Brothers cartoons), and the popular desert scene in National Lampoon's 'Vacation' movies. Dominated by colorful plateaus and mesas, in some respects Monument valley is the face of the Southwest. The most popular landmarks of Monument Valley are located on the Navaho Tribal Park on the Utah border. While in the area, make sure that you check out the Utah side of Monument Valley.
5. Lake Havasu, AZ - Lake Havasu City is home of the London Bridge. Brought over from England in the 1960's, the London Bridge put Lake Havasu on the map. The English Village surrounding the bridge, and is just one of the oddities you'll find in this desert paradise. Water sports, lake tours, off road driving, spring break and enjoying sunsets, to name a few, are very popular in this desert oasis. While in Lake Havasu City make sure that you check out Parker Dam, which is located about 30 miles south.
6. Lake Powell Arizona- Lake Powell is a manmade reservoir located in northern Arizona, sharing a border with Utah. Made famous for its "bath tub" ring around the lake and its beautiful moon-like landscape, canyons, and towering rock formations. Here, you will find that camping and renting a houseboat are also tourist favorites. Rent a houseboat and get lost beneath the stars while at Lake Powell Glen Canyon National Recreation Area.
7. Havasupai Falls - Havasupai Falls one of the most scenic travel locations in Arizona, period. Located deep in the Grand Canyon, there are four sets of falls: Mooney Falls, Havasu Falls, Navajo Falls and Beaver Falls. The blue-green water caused by high mineral content turns the falls and its natural pools into a tropical lagoon-style setting. Most of us will need to hike to get there, although helicopter rides are available.
8. Painted Desert - Located near the south rim of the Grand Canyon, the Painted Desert's precedes its name. Its multicolored landscape is breathtaking. Viewing the Painted Desert at sunrise is a must. The Painted Desert sits between the Grand Canyon and the Petrified Forest, so make sure to hit all three during your travels. Meteor Crater is also a must-see.
9. Tombstone, AZ - Dubbed "The town too tough to die," Tombstone is the most notorious of the old mining towns from the Wild West. Made famous from the fight at the OK Corral, along with some of its legendary residents, Wyatt Earp and Doc Holladay, Tombstone's story has been told in numerous books and movies. While in Tombstone, do yourself a favor and visit Saguaro National Park.
10. Oatman, AZ- Another old mining town that rarely gets the recognition that it deserves is Oatman, Arizona. Located south of Bullhead City, Arizona, lies this old mining town. Its current population is roughly 100. This quaint town consists of only novelty shops that cater to tourists. But its main attraction is the donkeys that wonder the streets and the popular gunfight shows. Most of the stores sell carrots to feed to the donkeys, which have no problem eating them from right from your hands. If you have kids and want to experience a taste of the old west, Oatman is a must-see.
Vacations Increase Employee Health And Productivity
If you want the vacation of a lifetime, a Zermatt ski trip is a must-do! Here you’ll be on Europe’s highest ski resort with snow year-round. Sitting next door to Italy, there is 360 km of pistes with ski lifts that reach the highest heights so that you can have the thrill of skiing down them. Or simply just stay up on the peak and enjoy the breathtaking view below.
There is no Zermatt ski trip that shouldn’t include a trip up the Klein Matterhorn. You will have a 4,000-meter view from 3,883 m and the great Matterhorn will be the center of your view. No matter your skiing level, there are pistes that have been carefully groomed to fit any skill level. And as you’re coming down the mountain, enjoy the box stops where you’ll find some of the most famous and cozy restaurants next to the pistes.
Only a Zermatt ski trip will offer visitors the most pristine slopes on 38 towering mountains. And if you’re up for heliskiing, Air Zermatt is there and ready for you. A Zermatt ski trip can be a dream come true with a peak of a four-thousand-meter alp, you’ll feel as if you are among the stars.
There are plenty of Zermatt ski lifts that are perfect for beginners, including practice pistes for the kids and adult beginners. Here a beginner can learn to ski in a fun and relaxed, pace that is stress-free and still enjoy the awesome view of the Matterhorn.
A Zermatt Ski Safari On The Matterhorn!
This safari is a definite must-do for any ski adventure lover! Over 12,000 meters altitude on the “Matterhorn ski safari gold” and over 10,000 meters of altitude on the “Matterhorn ski safari silver”, you’ll get all the adventure you could want. And you won’t experience any piste more than once – how much more thrill and views could you ask for?! Each of the panoramic mountains offers you a different background for that selfie you’ll want to post on your social media pages. What makes this Zermatt ski safari even more unique is that you’ll see all of these in one day!
You’ll start your Zermatt ski adventure safari on Rothorn and by way of Riffelberg, the Theodul Glacier, and the Trockener, the circuit will continue until you have reached the 3,883 m of the Matterhorn glacier, the 2,050m of Italy’s Breuil-Cervinia and Testa Grigia at 3‘480 m. That evening, you’ll return via Stafelalp to Zermatt.
Beginners can enjoy the mountains and discover the beauty of it all as they take their first ski run with a ski teacher. Or you can go along with a mountain guide and climb the Matterhorn. Either way, you can be sure that your Zermatt ski trip will be complete when you partner with one of the competent and experienced Zermatt guides.
The activities available on a Zermatt ski trip are dependent upon the time of year, but you can be certain that there are a variety of activities all year long. If you’re there during the Zermatt carnival, you’ll find a village that is full of carnival-goers and carnival activities for kids of all ages. There are many different foods for your enjoyment, both local taste, and international flavors too.
And if you aren’t involved with any Zermatt ski activities, then Bahnhofstrasse is the main street of this car-free village where you’ll find several boutiques and restaurants. From cozy and quaint to the high caliber and pricey, there are souvenirs to be found for those you left back home. Along this main street of your memorable Zermatt ski trip, you’ll find cozy hotels offering their own on-site bars and restaurants, open to the public.
Vacation Things To Do Attractions