Encourage staff and managers to take their vacation time. Even a day or two of vacation can make a huge difference in employee motivation. Now is the best time to plan the summer schedule and ensure that your employees are taking those earned and deserved vacation days and Arizona .
USA Today published that some 51% of executives surveyed by Accountemps, Menlo Park, Calif., a specialized staffing service for temporary accounting, finance, and bookkeeping professionals, maintain they are more productive after a vacation than before.
The Best City Tour in Arizona
Now there is more proof that vacations increase employee productivity and even improve overall health, as the Travel Industry Association released its conclusions from studies of data that looked at the health benefits of vacation travel.
A Zermatt Ski Trip Is Just What You Need!
The big day is fast approaching but just one more “fling before the ring”: the bachelorette party is on the to-do list. Discover why Barcelona is the ideal destination for you and the gals
Not sure where you’re going to party down with the girls on one of your last nights as a single lady? Not to fret. Round up the troops and take everyone to the amazing city of Barcelona that will surely have plenty in store, no matter what kind of fun you’re looking for. Here’s why you should be considering Gaudi’s city for your Bachelorette party:
Sun and Sand: Barcelona may be a city, but it is encompassed by a wonderful coastline that leaves little to be desired. One of the great things about this Spanish city is that it is extremely versatile, and that goes for the beaches as well. If you’re looking for some wild entertainment, take the ladies to the bustling Barceloneta Beach. If you want a peaceful stretch of sand, however, head on over to Baddalona Beach where you’ll for sure be rubbing elbows with the locals.
Explore on Two Wheels: Are you travelling with a rather adventurous bunch? Experience all this European city has to offer on the back of a Vespa. Barcelona-based scooter rental agency, Vesping, is trying a new travel concept: GPS guided scooters. Gather the girls, choose your locations, plug them in the personal navigation system on each scooter, and go! Or if you prefer guided tours in Barcelona, check out Vesping’s tours headed by their city experts.
Rooftop Living Soirée: It’s 5:00 somewhere, and if you’re in Barcelona, you should be finding yourself at one of its many rooftop terrace bars throughout the city. In addition to great cocktails and a slight breeze up ther, they offer an amazing view of the city and a rather glamorous place for you to have bachelorette drinks with the girls.
Airbnb: This is the best invention since low cost airlines. Essentially people rent out their apartments to vacationers. So instead of paying an arm and a leg for a luxury accommodation, you pay less for a city-center apartment with a kitchen and a fabulous terrace. What a great place for all your girls to stay in one place.
Shopping: Not like you’ll have any time in between shopping and partying to satisfy your shopping itch, but if you’re looking to give your credit card a workout or need a new trendy outfit for a night on the Catalan town, make it over to Passeig di Gracia and enjoy the shops and fabulous architecture.
Nightlife: This needs little explanation. bachelorette parties are an excuse to get on down and cut a rug, and Barcelona has a myriad of places to do it. Whether you like relaxed lounge settings with a possibility to dance, or hardcore, all night raves, this vibrant city is sure to help you make memories well into the morning hours.
Alternative Activities: Booze cruise? Limo tour? Cooking class? Or take the plunge and do a group Flamenco lesson, what’s more in line with the vibe of this Catalan city? Barcelona offers some of the most unique activities that you can share with your girlfriends for a truly unforgettable trip.
Food: With all that partying, you’ll need some fuel to keep you going. Explore Barcelona’s culinary treats and learn something about the culture in which they come from. Whether it’s seafood or tapas, you’re in for a delectable treat. Try the famous paella, the prevalent traditional Spanish food. Indulge at the chic ‘Can Sole,’ and try some Spanish delicacies or get to Tram-Tram, located in Uptown Barcelona for the true flavor of tradition.
Your bachelorette party should be nothing short of the time of your life, so get on down to Barcelona and experience everything this European city has to offer with your best girlfriends.
A New Year and a Happier You: 3 Benefits of Giving
Scenic desert drives, water sports, skiing, hiking, site-seeing, professional sports and camping are just the tip of the iceberg of things to do in the great state of Arizona, which offers one of the most diverse landscapes in the United States. Picking the top 10 tourist attractions while on vacation in Arizona is very difficult, to say the least. When traveling through Arizona it's a must to buy a detailed map of the area you plan on visiting, because Arizona has numerous hidden treasures within the desert.
Outlined below is a list of the biggest attractions that the state of Arizona has to offer. It's a must that you are prepared when you plan a road trip through this beautiful state. The demands of American life usually only afford us so many annual vacations, you're going to get short changed anyway during your stay. But if for some reason you have a couple of weeks to work with, there will be no shortage of things to do during your travels through Arizona.
1. Grand Canyon National Park - The Grand Canyon speaks for itself; this is Arizona's pride and joy. The Grand Canyon is located in the northwest part of the state. Carved out by the Colorado River over millions of years. One of America's natural wonders and first National Parks, its one thing you must see during your lifetime; it's also one of the Seven Wonders of the World. River rafting, hiking and the skywalk on the West Rim are good starters...just to name a few. While in the Grand Canyon area, be sure to check out the Reindeer Farm west of Flagstaff.
2. Hoover Dam - A lot more than just a big stack of concrete, the mere size of Hoover Dam is awe-inspiring. Constructed in the 1930's, Hoover Dam is located in northwest Arizona sharing a border with Nevada. Named after former president Herbert Hoover, Hoover Dam was one of the biggest projects of it's time. During your visit to Hoover Dam make sure that you visit Lake Mead.
3. Sedona AZ- Located south of Flagstaff, in Red Rock country, is another one of Arizona's not so best kept secrets. Sedona is home to some of Arizona's and Hollywood's elite; Sharon Stone and Al Pacino have homes in Sedona, so does John Travolta. Sedona also has some of the most beautiful sunsets and scenic drives in the country. Numerous hiking and biking trails dominate the colorful red rock sandstone landscape. Must-sees when you travel to Sedona include the Solid Rock church and Slide Rock Park. Kill an entire day sliding down natural rock formations. While in the Sedona area make sure that you check out Jerome and Prescott as well.
4. Monument Valley Park - Located in the northeastern part of the state, Monument Valley is famous for the legendary battles between the Roadrunner and Wiley Coyote (Warner Brothers cartoons), and the popular desert scene in National Lampoon's 'Vacation' movies. Dominated by colorful plateaus and mesas, in some respects Monument valley is the face of the Southwest. The most popular landmarks of Monument Valley are located on the Navaho Tribal Park on the Utah border. While in the area, make sure that you check out the Utah side of Monument Valley.
5. Lake Havasu, AZ - Lake Havasu City is home of the London Bridge. Brought over from England in the 1960's, the London Bridge put Lake Havasu on the map. The English Village surrounding the bridge, and is just one of the oddities you'll find in this desert paradise. Water sports, lake tours, off road driving, spring break and enjoying sunsets, to name a few, are very popular in this desert oasis. While in Lake Havasu City make sure that you check out Parker Dam, which is located about 30 miles south.
6. Lake Powell Arizona- Lake Powell is a manmade reservoir located in northern Arizona, sharing a border with Utah. Made famous for its "bath tub" ring around the lake and its beautiful moon-like landscape, canyons, and towering rock formations. Here, you will find that camping and renting a houseboat are also tourist favorites. Rent a houseboat and get lost beneath the stars while at Lake Powell Glen Canyon National Recreation Area.
7. Havasupai Falls - Havasupai Falls one of the most scenic travel locations in Arizona, period. Located deep in the Grand Canyon, there are four sets of falls: Mooney Falls, Havasu Falls, Navajo Falls and Beaver Falls. The blue-green water caused by high mineral content turns the falls and its natural pools into a tropical lagoon-style setting. Most of us will need to hike to get there, although helicopter rides are available.
8. Painted Desert - Located near the south rim of the Grand Canyon, the Painted Desert's precedes its name. Its multicolored landscape is breathtaking. Viewing the Painted Desert at sunrise is a must. The Painted Desert sits between the Grand Canyon and the Petrified Forest, so make sure to hit all three during your travels. Meteor Crater is also a must-see.
9. Tombstone, AZ - Dubbed "The town too tough to die," Tombstone is the most notorious of the old mining towns from the Wild West. Made famous from the fight at the OK Corral, along with some of its legendary residents, Wyatt Earp and Doc Holladay, Tombstone's story has been told in numerous books and movies. While in Tombstone, do yourself a favor and visit Saguaro National Park.
10. Oatman, AZ- Another old mining town that rarely gets the recognition that it deserves is Oatman, Arizona. Located south of Bullhead City, Arizona, lies this old mining town. Its current population is roughly 100. This quaint town consists of only novelty shops that cater to tourists. But its main attraction is the donkeys that wonder the streets and the popular gunfight shows. Most of the stores sell carrots to feed to the donkeys, which have no problem eating them from right from your hands. If you have kids and want to experience a taste of the old west, Oatman is a must-see.
Vacation Things To Do City Tour