Packing for a vacation can be a maddening experience. You spend hours digging through your closets, chests of drawers, and other storage spaces looking for all the right clothes. Then comes the fun part: Trying to pack it all into a suitcase while staying under the weight limit. You surely don’t want to get socked with a surcharge once you arrive at the airline ticket counter.
Throughout this mind-bending exercise, it’s easy to overlook some very important steps that can help make your Arizona vacation go smoother, especially if you suffer a loss. Here are some suggestions to consider before packing your luggage.
1. Buy a backpack. Talk about versatile baggage. Forget that small piece of luggage that comes snuggled inside your main suitcase. A backpack has multiple storage compartments that secure with a zipper, and it easily stores in the overhead bins. Best of all, you can sling it over your shoulder for easy transport.
2. Store your valuables in the backpack during the flight. This will keep them in sight, but also protects them. A 35mm SLR camera and a handheld transceiver (H-T, to you ham radio ops out there), bit the dust on separate trips because I stashed them in the suitcase. Even though I wrapped them in clothing, they still got jostled enough to break. A very costly learning experience.
3. Make photocopies of your passport. Leave one copy at home or with a trusted friend. The others are stashed in your room safe. (If you don’t have access to a safe, hide the paperwork in rolled up clothing.) If your passport is lost or stolen, the sooner you can provide the consulate or embassy with a photocopy, the faster you’ll get a new passport. You may even consider scanning the appropriate page, and leaving that file home. Your contact there can easily e-mail the file, should that become necessary.
Online Florist Services
Encourage staff and managers to take their vacation time. Even a day or two of vacation can make a huge difference in employee motivation. Now is the best time to plan the summer schedule and ensure that your employees are taking those earned and deserved vacation days.
USA TODAY (MAR 01 2007) published that some 51% of executives surveyed by Accountemps, Menlo Park, Calif., a specialized staffing service for temporary accounting, finance, and bookkeeping professionals, maintain they are more productive after a vacation than before
Now there is more proof that vacations increase employee productivity and even improve overall health, as the Travel Industry Association released its conclusions from studies of data that looked at the health benefits of vacation travel.
- On a scale of 1 to 5, travelers rate their overall health 1 full point higher while on vacation.
- Travelers say they get three times more deep sleep and sleep almost 20 minutes longer after their vacation.
- Even the anticipation of vacation travel generates an increase in positive feelings about one's life as a whole, family, economic situation, and health.
- An annual vacation can cut a person's risk of heart attack by 50 percent
- Women who take more vacations are more satisfied with their marriages.
- More than half of employed Americans say they come back feeling reconnected with their family after vacation.
- Three out of four executives believe that vacations are necessary for them to prevent burnout or that vacations improve their personal job performance.
- Travelers experience a 25 percent increase in performance on vigilance tests after returning from vacation - travelers 45 or older show a 50 percent increase in performance.
- Two out of three executives believe that vacations improve their creativity.
Results indicate that annual vacations can improve health, quality of daily life, productivity, and commitment to family and the workplace.
4. Copy any pertinent medical records and prescription information as above.
Guided City Tour in Arizona
With the price of everything around you skyrocketing like there is no tomorrow, it is not going to be easy to save up for a good vacation with your family. Of course, compare the airfares (If travelling by plane ) or maybe even plan to take the trip by road to save up on your cash. But there are more things out there, which you can take care of so, such that you don't end up spending too much on your vacation with your family.
Fasten your seat belt, and let us go for a "thrifty" ride.
Plan And Spend
When on a vacation, shelling out a lot of money for unnecessary items is something we are very good at. And there is no denying that this can actually increase many times when you travel with your family. To avoid such unwelcome scenarios decide upfront how much will you be spending on your vacation.
Make a list of all the possible places where you will have to go, along with your travel and accommodation charges. And once you have a rough figure, decide on whether you are spending a little too much, or do you still have room in your budget for some more dollars.
Your Credit Card Can Do Wonders
You have probably acquired those loyal points/rewards from the usage of our credit cards in either restaurants or grocery stores. Well, it is time to pull out the same cards again, and it is quite simple as well.
All you have to do is sign up for those rewards which would require you to meet some minimum spending requirements and pay your entire bill by the end of the month. Trust me, these rewards or points from the credit cards can help you save quite a bit of money when booking airfare or accommodation.
Technology - Your best friend for the vacation
What better way to get suggestions than from the technology itself? Whether you want to stop to grab a bite when you are on a road trip, or you need to know where a gas station is on the way, there are hundreds of apps out there which suggest various deals that are on offer for your requirements. And then there is Google Maps which you can use to store all these key locations so that you don't have to break your head later trying to find them.
Reuse, Reduce, Recycle
I know most of you might disagree with me on this, but think of it again, the "use and throw" goods may be cheaper and more convenient but you have to buy the same goods repeatedly. When you are out with your family, you will end up buying so much stuff that you will start wondering, have I come out for a vacation or shopping?
Instead of spending your cash on these items, purchase reusable goods for your vacation. It might be a pack of washable clothes instead of a paper roll, or substitute water bottles for all the plastic water bottles you buy. Make sure each time you buy something, you stop and think whether a reusable replacement is available for the same. You will also be contributing to the environment by keeping it cleaner with less plastic and other non-reusable waste.
Hotels? Think Again
One of the biggest expenses when traveling with your family is the accommodation. With innumerable options out there, you might be tempted to opt for the best hotel, or a famous hotel to live in, for a week or two? But with all of you cramped up in just one room, do you think you are going to end up with a pleasant experience. And if you are on a vacation with other family relatives as well, you can just imagine the resulting turmoil.
"Thank you for all the facilities you have, but no I prefer a vacation rental instead." This is what I tell most hotel owners or their associates who ask me if I need a hotel room. Just think of it, you have a whole house to yourself, where you can cook your own food, your kids have a lot of space to run around and have some fun of their own, and you will be entitled to your own free space as well. And the best part is: all this comes for a very affordable price.
- Sightseeing Phoenix Arizona
- Tourist Attractions Tucson Arizona
- Things To Do In Mesa Arizona
- Sightseeing Tour Chandler Arizona
- Guided City Tour Glendale Arizona
- Tours Scottsdale Arizona
- Tours Gilbert Arizona
- Tours Tempe Arizona
- City Tour Peoria Arizona
- Things To Do Near Me Surprise Arizona
- Things To Do In Yuma Arizona
- Guided Tour Avondale Arizona
- Tours Flagstaff Arizona
- Things To Do In Goodyear Arizona
- City Tour Lake Havasu Arizona
- Sightseeing Tour Buckeye Arizona
- Attractions Casa Grande Arizona
- Tourist Attractions Sierra Vista Arizona
- City Tour Maricopa Arizona
- Sightseeing Tour Oro Valley Arizona
- City Tour Prescott Arizona
- Things To Do In Bullhead Arizona
- Sightseeing Prescott Valley Arizona
- City Tour Apache Junction Arizona
- Tours Marana Arizona
- Sightseeing Tour El Mirage Arizona
- Tourist Attractions Kingman Arizona
- City Tour Queen Creek Arizona
- City Tour Florence Arizona
- Tourist Attractions San Luis Arizona
- Guided City Tour Sahuarita Arizona
- Guided City Tour Fountain Hills Arizona
- Things To Do In Nogales Arizona
- Sightseeing Tour Douglas Arizona
- Things To Do In Eloy Arizona
- Guided City Tour Payson Arizona
- Attractions Somerton Arizona
- Sightseeing Tour Paradise Valley Arizona
- Things To Do Near Me Coolidge Arizona
- Tours Cottonwood Arizona
- Sightseeing Camp Verde Arizona
- Guided Tour Chino Valley Arizona
- Attractions Show Low Arizona
- Things To Do Near Me Sedona Arizona
- Things To Do Near Me Winslow Arizona
- Sightseeing Tour Safford Arizona
- Sightseeing Globe Arizona
- Tours Page Arizona
- City Tour Tolleson Arizona
- Guided Tour Wickenburg Arizona
- Attractions Young Arizona
- Things To Do In South Tucson Arizona
- Guided Tour Snowflake Arizona
- Sightseeing Bisbee Arizona
- City Tour Guadalupe Arizona
- City Tour Litchfield Park Arizona
- City Tour Benson Arizona
- Guided City Tour Holbrook Arizona
- Guided City Tour Cave Creek Arizona
- Guided Tour Eagar Arizona
- Tourist Attractions Thatcher Arizona
- City Tour Colorado Arizona
- Tours Pinetop-Lakeside Arizona
- Things To Do In Taylor Arizona
- Sightseeing Clarkdale Arizona
- Things To Do In Dewey-Humboldt Arizona
- Attractions Willcox Arizona
- Guided City Tour Quartzsite Arizona
- Tourist Attractions St. Johns Arizona
- Tourist Attractions Carefree Arizona
- Things To Do In Clifton Arizona
- Sightseeing Parker Arizona
- Tourist Attractions Williams Arizona
- City Tour Wellton Arizona
- Attractions Superior Arizona
- Tourist Attractions Pima Arizona
- Attractions Star Valley Arizona
- Guided Tour Springerville Arizona
- Things To Do Near Me Kearny Arizona
- City Tour Gila Bend Arizona
- Tours Huachuca Arizona
- Attractions Miami Arizona
- Things To Do Near Me Mammoth Arizona
- Sightseeing Tombstone Arizona
- Things To Do Near Me Fredonia Arizona
- City Tour Patagonia Arizona
- Tourist Attractions Duncan Arizona
- Sightseeing Tour Hayden Arizona
- Things To Do In Jerome Arizona
- Guided Tour Winkelman Arizona
- Attractions Tusayan Arizona