Encourage staff and managers to take their vacation time. Even a day or two of vacation can make a huge difference in employee motivation. Now is the best time to plan the summer schedule and ensure that your employees are taking those earned and deserved vacation days and Texas .
USA Today published that some 51% of executives surveyed by Accountemps, Menlo Park, Calif., a specialized staffing service for temporary accounting, finance, and bookkeeping professionals, maintain they are more productive after a vacation than before.
The Best Tours in Texas
Now there is more proof that vacations increase employee productivity and even improve overall health, as the Travel Industry Association released its conclusions from studies of data that looked at the health benefits of vacation travel.
Vacation: A Time For Reflection And Recharging
Scenic desert drives, water sports, skiing, hiking, site-seeing, professional sports and camping are just the tip of the iceberg of things to do in the great state of Arizona, which offers one of the most diverse landscapes in the United States. Picking the top 10 tourist attractions while on vacation in Arizona is very difficult, to say the least. When traveling through Arizona it's a must to buy a detailed map of the area you plan on visiting, because Arizona has numerous hidden treasures within the desert.
Outlined below is a list of the biggest attractions that the state of Arizona has to offer. It's a must that you are prepared when you plan a road trip through this beautiful state. The demands of American life usually only afford us so many annual vacations, you're going to get short changed anyway during your stay. But if for some reason you have a couple of weeks to work with, there will be no shortage of things to do during your travels through Arizona.
1. Grand Canyon National Park - The Grand Canyon speaks for itself; this is Arizona's pride and joy. The Grand Canyon is located in the northwest part of the state. Carved out by the Colorado River over millions of years. One of America's natural wonders and first National Parks, its one thing you must see during your lifetime; it's also one of the Seven Wonders of the World. River rafting, hiking and the skywalk on the West Rim are good starters...just to name a few. While in the Grand Canyon area, be sure to check out the Reindeer Farm west of Flagstaff.
2. Hoover Dam - A lot more than just a big stack of concrete, the mere size of Hoover Dam is awe-inspiring. Constructed in the 1930's, Hoover Dam is located in northwest Arizona sharing a border with Nevada. Named after former president Herbert Hoover, Hoover Dam was one of the biggest projects of it's time. During your visit to Hoover Dam make sure that you visit Lake Mead.
3. Sedona AZ- Located south of Flagstaff, in Red Rock country, is another one of Arizona's not so best kept secrets. Sedona is home to some of Arizona's and Hollywood's elite; Sharon Stone and Al Pacino have homes in Sedona, so does John Travolta. Sedona also has some of the most beautiful sunsets and scenic drives in the country. Numerous hiking and biking trails dominate the colorful red rock sandstone landscape. Must-sees when you travel to Sedona include the Solid Rock church and Slide Rock Park. Kill an entire day sliding down natural rock formations. While in the Sedona area make sure that you check out Jerome and Prescott as well.
4. Monument Valley Park - Located in the northeastern part of the state, Monument Valley is famous for the legendary battles between the Roadrunner and Wiley Coyote (Warner Brothers cartoons), and the popular desert scene in National Lampoon's 'Vacation' movies. Dominated by colorful plateaus and mesas, in some respects Monument valley is the face of the Southwest. The most popular landmarks of Monument Valley are located on the Navaho Tribal Park on the Utah border. While in the area, make sure that you check out the Utah side of Monument Valley.
5. Lake Havasu, AZ - Lake Havasu City is home of the London Bridge. Brought over from England in the 1960's, the London Bridge put Lake Havasu on the map. The English Village surrounding the bridge, and is just one of the oddities you'll find in this desert paradise. Water sports, lake tours, off road driving, spring break and enjoying sunsets, to name a few, are very popular in this desert oasis. While in Lake Havasu City make sure that you check out Parker Dam, which is located about 30 miles south.
6. Lake Powell Arizona- Lake Powell is a manmade reservoir located in northern Arizona, sharing a border with Utah. Made famous for its "bath tub" ring around the lake and its beautiful moon-like landscape, canyons, and towering rock formations. Here, you will find that camping and renting a houseboat are also tourist favorites. Rent a houseboat and get lost beneath the stars while at Lake Powell Glen Canyon National Recreation Area.
7. Havasupai Falls - Havasupai Falls one of the most scenic travel locations in Arizona, period. Located deep in the Grand Canyon, there are four sets of falls: Mooney Falls, Havasu Falls, Navajo Falls and Beaver Falls. The blue-green water caused by high mineral content turns the falls and its natural pools into a tropical lagoon-style setting. Most of us will need to hike to get there, although helicopter rides are available.
8. Painted Desert - Located near the south rim of the Grand Canyon, the Painted Desert's precedes its name. Its multicolored landscape is breathtaking. Viewing the Painted Desert at sunrise is a must. The Painted Desert sits between the Grand Canyon and the Petrified Forest, so make sure to hit all three during your travels. Meteor Crater is also a must-see.
9. Tombstone, AZ - Dubbed "The town too tough to die," Tombstone is the most notorious of the old mining towns from the Wild West. Made famous from the fight at the OK Corral, along with some of its legendary residents, Wyatt Earp and Doc Holladay, Tombstone's story has been told in numerous books and movies. While in Tombstone, do yourself a favor and visit Saguaro National Park.
10. Oatman, AZ- Another old mining town that rarely gets the recognition that it deserves is Oatman, Arizona. Located south of Bullhead City, Arizona, lies this old mining town. Its current population is roughly 100. This quaint town consists of only novelty shops that cater to tourists. But its main attraction is the donkeys that wonder the streets and the popular gunfight shows. Most of the stores sell carrots to feed to the donkeys, which have no problem eating them from right from your hands. If you have kids and want to experience a taste of the old west, Oatman is a must-see.
Choosing the Right Van for Flower Delivery
With the price of everything around you skyrocketing like there is no tomorrow, it is not going to be easy to save up for a good vacation with your family. Of course, compare the airfares (If travelling by plane ) or maybe even plan to take the trip by road to save up on your cash. But there are more things out there, which you can take care of so, such that you don't end up spending too much on your vacation with your family.
Fasten your seat belt, and let us go for a "thrifty" ride.
Plan And Spend
When on a vacation, shelling out a lot of money for unnecessary items is something we are very good at. And there is no denying that this can actually increase many times when you travel with your family. To avoid such unwelcome scenarios decide upfront how much will you be spending on your vacation.
Make a list of all the possible places where you will have to go, along with your travel and accommodation charges. And once you have a rough figure, decide on whether you are spending a little too much, or do you still have room in your budget for some more dollars.
Your Credit Card Can Do Wonders
You have probably acquired those loyal points/rewards from the usage of our credit cards in either restaurants or grocery stores. Well, it is time to pull out the same cards again, and it is quite simple as well.
All you have to do is sign up for those rewards which would require you to meet some minimum spending requirements and pay your entire bill by the end of the month. Trust me, these rewards or points from the credit cards can help you save quite a bit of money when booking airfare or accommodation.
Technology - Your best friend for the vacation
What better way to get suggestions than from the technology itself? Whether you want to stop to grab a bite when you are on a road trip, or you need to know where a gas station is on the way, there are hundreds of apps out there which suggest various deals that are on offer for your requirements. And then there is Google Maps which you can use to store all these key locations so that you don't have to break your head later trying to find them.
Reuse, Reduce, Recycle
I know most of you might disagree with me on this, but think of it again, the "use and throw" goods may be cheaper and more convenient but you have to buy the same goods repeatedly. When you are out with your family, you will end up buying so much stuff that you will start wondering, have I come out for a vacation or shopping?
Instead of spending your cash on these items, purchase reusable goods for your vacation. It might be a pack of washable clothes instead of a paper roll, or substitute water bottles for all the plastic water bottles you buy. Make sure each time you buy something, you stop and think whether a reusable replacement is available for the same. You will also be contributing to the environment by keeping it cleaner with less plastic and other non-reusable waste.
Hotels? Think Again
One of the biggest expenses when traveling with your family is the accommodation. With innumerable options out there, you might be tempted to opt for the best hotel, or a famous hotel to live in, for a week or two? But with all of you cramped up in just one room, do you think you are going to end up with a pleasant experience. And if you are on a vacation with other family relatives as well, you can just imagine the resulting turmoil.
"Thank you for all the facilities you have, but no I prefer a vacation rental instead." This is what I tell most hotel owners or their associates who ask me if I need a hotel room. Just think of it, you have a whole house to yourself, where you can cook your own food, your kids have a lot of space to run around and have some fun of their own, and you will be entitled to your own free space as well. And the best part is: all this comes for a very affordable price.
Vacation Things To Do Tours