Encourage staff and managers to take their vacation time. Even a day or two of vacation can make a huge difference in employee motivation. Now is the best time to plan the summer schedule and ensure that your employees are taking those earned and deserved vacation days and Arizona .
USA Today published that some 51% of executives surveyed by Accountemps, Menlo Park, Calif., a specialized staffing service for temporary accounting, finance, and bookkeeping professionals, maintain they are more productive after a vacation than before.
The Best Attractions in Arizona
Now there is more proof that vacations increase employee productivity and even improve overall health, as the Travel Industry Association released its conclusions from studies of data that looked at the health benefits of vacation travel.
Differences Between an Online Florist and a Retail Florist - Which is Better?
Packing for a vacation can be a maddening experience. You spend hours digging through your closets, chests of drawers, and other storage spaces looking for all the right clothes. Then comes the fun part: Trying to pack it all into a suitcase while staying under the weight limit. You surely don't want to get socked with a surcharge once you arrive at the airline ticket counter.
Throughout this mind-bending exercise, it's easy to overlook some very important steps that can help make your vacation go smoother, especially if you suffer a loss. Here are some suggestions to consider before packing your luggage.
1. Buy a backpack. Talk about versatile baggage. Forget that small piece of luggage that comes snuggled inside your main suitcase. A backpack has multiple storage compartments that secure with a zipper, and it easily stores in the overhead bins. Best of all, you can sling it over your shoulder for easy transport.
2. Store your valuables in the backpack during the flight. This will keep them in sight, but also protects them. A 35mm SLR camera and a handheld transceiver (H-T, to you ham radio ops out there), bit the dust on separate trips because I stashed them in the suitcase. Even though I wrapped them in clothing, they still got jostled enough to break. A very costly learning experience.
3. Make photocopies of your passport. Leave one copy at home or with a trusted friend. The others are stashed in your room safe. (If you don't have access to a safe, hide the paperwork in rolled up clothing.) If your passport is lost or stolen, the sooner you can provide the consulate or embassy with a photocopy, the faster you'll get a new passport. You may even consider scanning the appropriate page, and leaving that file home. Your contact there can easily e-mail the file, should that become necessary.
4. Copy any pertinent medical records and prescription information as above.
5. Record the lost/stolen number of your credit card company. Include the last eight digits of your card number for quick reference. Keep a copy in your room safe and hidden in your suitcase. (Remember that thieves are most interested in valuables and cash.)
6. Leave contact information in your suitcase. Don't rely solely on the hang tag provided by the airline or tour company. Those can tear off during flight. Stash a couple business cards inside your luggage (ditto for your backpack).
7. Buy a money pouch. These are great for storing cash and documents, including your passport. They are inexpensive and available in lots of places.
Yes, packing for a vacation can be a lot of work, but is worth it. Every moment spent carefully planning for contingencies just adds to the comfort as you are relaxing on the beach or in the pool.
A New Year and a Happier You: 3 Benefits of Giving
The dynamic city of Dallas is situated in the northeastern area of the state of Texas in the USA. Founded in 1841 as a trading post, Dallas is now one of the largest cities in the United States of America. Dallas covers almost 400 square miles / 1,036 square kilometers and is home to a population of more than 1,000,000 people, while the Dallas / Fort Worth area has over 5,000,000 residents. Acclaimed as a leading corporate center, Dallas is also well known for its wealth of impressive shopping facilities, superb restaurants, animated nightlife, tourist attractions and
major American sporting outlets.
Encompassing the towns of Fort Worth and Arlington to create one large city, which
is known as the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, Dallas is a large cosmopolitan city,
and incorporates many smaller communities and historical neighborhoods. Amongst
these locations are the 17 blocks of the Arts District, Swiss Avenue Historic District
- listed on the National Register of Historic Places and the West End area - an ideal
region for visitors to Dallas to embark upon their sightseeing.
Dallas is a vibrant shopping destination offering an array of outstanding shop and
stores. Facilities include many designer outlets, well-known department stores,
numerous boutiques and shopping malls. Popular shopping areas include Greenville
Avenue, Deep Ellum, Northpark Mall, Mockingbird Station, Willowbend Center and
There is a wealth of corporate headquarters and substantial businesses in Dallas
including all sectors of business, from Blockbuster - the home entertainment
company to Wyndham International - the hotel and resort chain, with an increasing
number of companies relocating to Dallas every year. The economy in Dallas is
flourishing, and therefore this city continues to be a favorite for long-term growth.
Tourist attractions in Dallas are impressive, making Dallas the perfect holiday
destination. Facilities include landmarks and monuments, museums, art galleries,
must-see sights, recreational activities and memorable guided tours of the city. Top
attractions include Dallas Zoo, Dallas World Aquarium and Six Flags over Texas
amusement park. There are also a wide variety of theater productions that are
popular with visitors to Dallas.
Around Dallas, public transport is well structured and the Dallas Area Rapid Transit
(DART) operates a reliable bus system, with further transport including a light rail
network and popular trams, which travel between the Arts and Uptown Districts.
Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport stands around 15 miles / 24 km from the
city center and is an important transport hub. With many passengers arriving each
day from all over the world, Dallas-Fort Worth Airport offers a range of convenient
ground transport, which includes shuttle buses, taxis and car rental options.
Dallas has an abundance of dining options, which are sure to suit every palate.
Restaurants, cafes and bars are mainly concentrated around the central areas of
Dallas, which include Downtown Dallas, Deep Ellum, Greenville Avenue and Uptown.
A wide selection of international cuisine is offered in Dallas including French, Greek,
Spanish, Italian, Thai, Chinese, Indian and traditional Texan and Mexican dishes.
Dallas has a subtropical and humid climate with hot summer weather and cool
winters. Temperatures during July and August are at their hottest and can reach
highs of around 34°C / 93°F. Spring is the wettest season of the year
and winters in Dallas are cool. January is the coldest month of the year with daytime
temperatures only reaching 13°C / 55°F, but lows of 2°C /
36°F may be experienced.
Vacation Things To Do Attractions