Encourage staff and managers to take their vacation time. Even a day or two of vacation can make a huge difference in employee motivation. Now is the best time to plan the summer schedule and ensure that your employees are taking those earned and deserved vacation days and Nevada .
USA Today published that some 51% of executives surveyed by Accountemps, Menlo Park, Calif., a specialized staffing service for temporary accounting, finance, and bookkeeping professionals, maintain they are more productive after a vacation than before.
The Best Things To Do In in Nevada
Now there is more proof that vacations increase employee productivity and even improve overall health, as the Travel Industry Association released its conclusions from studies of data that looked at the health benefits of vacation travel.
Family Vacations - Texas Vacations That Strengthen the Family Ties
The dynamic city of Dallas is situated in the northeastern area of the state of Texas in the USA. Founded in 1841 as a trading post, Dallas is now one of the largest cities in the United States of America. Dallas covers almost 400 square miles / 1,036 square kilometers and is home to a population of more than 1,000,000 people, while the Dallas / Fort Worth area has over 5,000,000 residents. Acclaimed as a leading corporate center, Dallas is also well known for its wealth of impressive shopping facilities, superb restaurants, animated nightlife, tourist attractions and
major American sporting outlets.
Encompassing the towns of Fort Worth and Arlington to create one large city, which
is known as the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, Dallas is a large cosmopolitan city,
and incorporates many smaller communities and historical neighborhoods. Amongst
these locations are the 17 blocks of the Arts District, Swiss Avenue Historic District
- listed on the National Register of Historic Places and the West End area - an ideal
region for visitors to Dallas to embark upon their sightseeing.
Dallas is a vibrant shopping destination offering an array of outstanding shop and
stores. Facilities include many designer outlets, well-known department stores,
numerous boutiques and shopping malls. Popular shopping areas include Greenville
Avenue, Deep Ellum, Northpark Mall, Mockingbird Station, Willowbend Center and
There is a wealth of corporate headquarters and substantial businesses in Dallas
including all sectors of business, from Blockbuster - the home entertainment
company to Wyndham International - the hotel and resort chain, with an increasing
number of companies relocating to Dallas every year. The economy in Dallas is
flourishing, and therefore this city continues to be a favorite for long-term growth.
Tourist attractions in Dallas are impressive, making Dallas the perfect holiday
destination. Facilities include landmarks and monuments, museums, art galleries,
must-see sights, recreational activities and memorable guided tours of the city. Top
attractions include Dallas Zoo, Dallas World Aquarium and Six Flags over Texas
amusement park. There are also a wide variety of theater productions that are
popular with visitors to Dallas.
Around Dallas, public transport is well structured and the Dallas Area Rapid Transit
(DART) operates a reliable bus system, with further transport including a light rail
network and popular trams, which travel between the Arts and Uptown Districts.
Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport stands around 15 miles / 24 km from the
city center and is an important transport hub. With many passengers arriving each
day from all over the world, Dallas-Fort Worth Airport offers a range of convenient
ground transport, which includes shuttle buses, taxis and car rental options.
Dallas has an abundance of dining options, which are sure to suit every palate.
Restaurants, cafes and bars are mainly concentrated around the central areas of
Dallas, which include Downtown Dallas, Deep Ellum, Greenville Avenue and Uptown.
A wide selection of international cuisine is offered in Dallas including French, Greek,
Spanish, Italian, Thai, Chinese, Indian and traditional Texan and Mexican dishes.
Dallas has a subtropical and humid climate with hot summer weather and cool
winters. Temperatures during July and August are at their hottest and can reach
highs of around 34°C / 93°F. Spring is the wettest season of the year
and winters in Dallas are cool. January is the coldest month of the year with daytime
temperatures only reaching 13°C / 55°F, but lows of 2°C /
36°F may be experienced.
Top 10 Vacation Spots in Arizona
Scenic desert drives, water sports, skiing, hiking, site-seeing, professional sports and camping are just the tip of the iceberg of things to do in the great state of Arizona, which offers one of the most diverse landscapes in the United States. Picking the top 10 tourist attractions while on vacation in Arizona is very difficult, to say the least. When traveling through Arizona it's a must to buy a detailed map of the area you plan on visiting, because Arizona has numerous hidden treasures within the desert.
Outlined below is a list of the biggest attractions that the state of Arizona has to offer. It's a must that you are prepared when you plan a road trip through this beautiful state. The demands of American life usually only afford us so many annual vacations, you're going to get short changed anyway during your stay. But if for some reason you have a couple of weeks to work with, there will be no shortage of things to do during your travels through Arizona.
1. Grand Canyon National Park - The Grand Canyon speaks for itself; this is Arizona's pride and joy. The Grand Canyon is located in the northwest part of the state. Carved out by the Colorado River over millions of years. One of America's natural wonders and first National Parks, its one thing you must see during your lifetime; it's also one of the Seven Wonders of the World. River rafting, hiking and the skywalk on the West Rim are good starters...just to name a few. While in the Grand Canyon area, be sure to check out the Reindeer Farm west of Flagstaff.
2. Hoover Dam - A lot more than just a big stack of concrete, the mere size of Hoover Dam is awe-inspiring. Constructed in the 1930's, Hoover Dam is located in northwest Arizona sharing a border with Nevada. Named after former president Herbert Hoover, Hoover Dam was one of the biggest projects of it's time. During your visit to Hoover Dam make sure that you visit Lake Mead.
3. Sedona AZ- Located south of Flagstaff, in Red Rock country, is another one of Arizona's not so best kept secrets. Sedona is home to some of Arizona's and Hollywood's elite; Sharon Stone and Al Pacino have homes in Sedona, so does John Travolta. Sedona also has some of the most beautiful sunsets and scenic drives in the country. Numerous hiking and biking trails dominate the colorful red rock sandstone landscape. Must-sees when you travel to Sedona include the Solid Rock church and Slide Rock Park. Kill an entire day sliding down natural rock formations. While in the Sedona area make sure that you check out Jerome and Prescott as well.
4. Monument Valley Park - Located in the northeastern part of the state, Monument Valley is famous for the legendary battles between the Roadrunner and Wiley Coyote (Warner Brothers cartoons), and the popular desert scene in National Lampoon's 'Vacation' movies. Dominated by colorful plateaus and mesas, in some respects Monument valley is the face of the Southwest. The most popular landmarks of Monument Valley are located on the Navaho Tribal Park on the Utah border. While in the area, make sure that you check out the Utah side of Monument Valley.
5. Lake Havasu, AZ - Lake Havasu City is home of the London Bridge. Brought over from England in the 1960's, the London Bridge put Lake Havasu on the map. The English Village surrounding the bridge, and is just one of the oddities you'll find in this desert paradise. Water sports, lake tours, off road driving, spring break and enjoying sunsets, to name a few, are very popular in this desert oasis. While in Lake Havasu City make sure that you check out Parker Dam, which is located about 30 miles south.
6. Lake Powell Arizona- Lake Powell is a manmade reservoir located in northern Arizona, sharing a border with Utah. Made famous for its "bath tub" ring around the lake and its beautiful moon-like landscape, canyons, and towering rock formations. Here, you will find that camping and renting a houseboat are also tourist favorites. Rent a houseboat and get lost beneath the stars while at Lake Powell Glen Canyon National Recreation Area.
7. Havasupai Falls - Havasupai Falls one of the most scenic travel locations in Arizona, period. Located deep in the Grand Canyon, there are four sets of falls: Mooney Falls, Havasu Falls, Navajo Falls and Beaver Falls. The blue-green water caused by high mineral content turns the falls and its natural pools into a tropical lagoon-style setting. Most of us will need to hike to get there, although helicopter rides are available.
8. Painted Desert - Located near the south rim of the Grand Canyon, the Painted Desert's precedes its name. Its multicolored landscape is breathtaking. Viewing the Painted Desert at sunrise is a must. The Painted Desert sits between the Grand Canyon and the Petrified Forest, so make sure to hit all three during your travels. Meteor Crater is also a must-see.
9. Tombstone, AZ - Dubbed "The town too tough to die," Tombstone is the most notorious of the old mining towns from the Wild West. Made famous from the fight at the OK Corral, along with some of its legendary residents, Wyatt Earp and Doc Holladay, Tombstone's story has been told in numerous books and movies. While in Tombstone, do yourself a favor and visit Saguaro National Park.
10. Oatman, AZ- Another old mining town that rarely gets the recognition that it deserves is Oatman, Arizona. Located south of Bullhead City, Arizona, lies this old mining town. Its current population is roughly 100. This quaint town consists of only novelty shops that cater to tourists. But its main attraction is the donkeys that wonder the streets and the popular gunfight shows. Most of the stores sell carrots to feed to the donkeys, which have no problem eating them from right from your hands. If you have kids and want to experience a taste of the old west, Oatman is a must-see.
Vacation Things To Do Things To Do In