Packing for a vacation can be a maddening experience. You spend hours digging through your closets, chests of drawers, and other storage spaces looking for all the right clothes. Then comes the fun part: Trying to pack it all into a suitcase while staying under the weight limit. You surely don’t want to get socked with a surcharge once you arrive at the airline ticket counter.
Throughout this mind-bending exercise, it’s easy to overlook some very important steps that can help make your Arizona vacation go smoother, especially if you suffer a loss. Here are some suggestions to consider before packing your luggage.
1. Buy a backpack. Talk about versatile baggage. Forget that small piece of luggage that comes snuggled inside your main suitcase. A backpack has multiple storage compartments that secure with a zipper, and it easily stores in the overhead bins. Best of all, you can sling it over your shoulder for easy transport.
2. Store your valuables in the backpack during the flight. This will keep them in sight, but also protects them. A 35mm SLR camera and a handheld transceiver (H-T, to you ham radio ops out there), bit the dust on separate trips because I stashed them in the suitcase. Even though I wrapped them in clothing, they still got jostled enough to break. A very costly learning experience.
3. Make photocopies of your passport. Leave one copy at home or with a trusted friend. The others are stashed in your room safe. (If you don’t have access to a safe, hide the paperwork in rolled up clothing.) If your passport is lost or stolen, the sooner you can provide the consulate or embassy with a photocopy, the faster you’ll get a new passport. You may even consider scanning the appropriate page, and leaving that file home. Your contact there can easily e-mail the file, should that become necessary.
Property Pitfalls to Avoid When Owning a Vacation Home
When it comes to family reunion vacation planning the sky is the limit. But planning one that's affordable yet fun may seem to be quite a challenge. Not to worry. There are many ways to cut down the expense of family reunion vacations. Here are a number of money saving tips that can reduce costs up to 75%.
1. Book as many attendees as possible for deep discounts based on group rates.
2. Consider using your senior discount privileges where applicable.
3. Google vacation destinations and concentrate of agencies that offer the best rate cuts
4. Use entertainment books that feature destination discount rates and coupons
5. Use travel agencies that are sponsored by the company a family member works for.
Don't Forget The Children
Often family reunions cater to adults. But for your family reunion to be a fun and exciting venture for all it's important to plan a child-friendly event. Children get discounts almost as often and seniors so take a head count. Consider the what activities the children will enjoy. The first step is getting the children involved in the family reunion planning process. Ask the children to create a long list of possible activities all would enjoy.
Family Vacation Resorts
Family vacation resorts are the ideal destination for family reunion events. Best of all there are great price reductions for groups or 10, 20 or more. Everything you need to enjoy a relaxing reunion vacation is just a few steps away. Families can enjoy exotic food, cool down with a flavorful variety of refreshing drinks by sunny pools.
Camping and Nature Trails
For families that love the outdoors nothing could be better than breathing in the cool mountain air at a camp site, taking long hikes along mountain trails and getting cozy in a log cabin warmed by a natural log fire. You'll find great discounts in the fall. Nature lovers are captivated by mysterious caverns, fishing, bird watching, rock climbing and more. Families can take a nature tour by horseback and visit lakes and streams along the way.
City Bus Tours
Luxury bus tours are one of the most inexpensive ways to travel while still enjoying a classy reunion event. What could be more exciting than taking a bus trip to a big city hotel with indoor malls and funky sidewalk shops awaiting your perusal. Visit trendy restaurants and try out a variety of cultural cuisine. Take in a Broadway show and top it all off with breakfast in bed the next morning before checkout.
At A Theme Park
What kid would not enjoy the amazing rides, games, contests and competitions had at one of the popular theme parks, formerly known as amusement parks or water parks. Theme parks feature discount coupons for groups. Theme parks includes all kinds of amusements from roller coasters to outdoor stunt shows with a variety of themes. Want to make sure your kids have a great time? Take them to a theme park and they will be eternally grateful.
Family Reunion Cruises
Now exotic vacations on luxury cruise lines are the in thing for groups determined to relax, be pampered, served while enjoying an unforgettable family reunion. Best of all group packages, last minute booking and off season cruise travel can save you up to 75% off standard costs. Family business meetings can be held in cruise conference rooms and ball rooms. Some of the more popular cruise ships are listed below.
So where to go? Where ever the ocean and seas can take you. Some of the more popular cruise destinations ideal for family reunions are listed below.
Family Reunion Cruise Destinations
South America South Pacific
There is ample space for everyone and it's a whole lot of fun for all ages. It's less work, less planning and a lot more time to enjoy the family. Well planned cruise vacations are economical with more fun and relaxation then ever before.
4. Copy any pertinent medical records and prescription information as above.
Guided City Tour in Arizona
Switzerland’s serene beauty and mystique closeness to nature makes it one of the most romantic destinations in the world. Despite being a small country, it is counted amongst the most picturesque ones in Europe as well as in other continents. Switzerland promises an extremely enjoyable travel experience, packed with wonderful sceneries, rich heritage, and vibrant village culture. These amenities make Switzerland an extremely desirable honeymoon destination for travelers from India as well as other parts of the world. Recent years have seen rising demands for honeymoon packages to various parts of the country.
Be it the scintillating snow-capped Alps Mountains or the grand historic castles, there are numerous options of places to explore in Switzerland. For a newly married couple, there is a vast variety of options to spend quality time in each other’s company. The Swiss culture, along with the world famous Swiss chocolates, provides the best scenario for couples on a vacation. If you’re planning this intimate phase of your newly started married life in Switzerland, here are the three must-do activities that should definitely not be missed:
Visit to Jungfrau Region
Switzerland is famous for its profound and eye pleasing sceneries. Although the country provides a wide range of sites where stunning views can be enjoyed, the Jungfrau region definitely stands outs among them. The region displays vast snow-capped peaks of three prime mountains: the Jungfrau, the Monch, and the Eiger Mountain. One can also see beautiful green valleys and meadows in the region. Therefore, it is considered to be amongst the most scenic places in the world. Away from the populous and noisy metropolitan cities, this region provides an ideal environment for couples to cherish their private moments. Jungfrau is featured on most visited honeymoon packages for Switzerland offered by various tour companies.
Participate in Local Festivals
There are numerous local festivals in Switzerland which are celebrated with joy and liveliness by the locals. Skipping these means to skip loads of fun and entertainment. These festivals, ranging from wine tasting festival to Swiss folk music, art and craft festival to wrestling events, take you up close to the Swiss culture and traditions. The Fasnacht Spring Carnival in Basel is the highlight among all the Swiss festivals. It is a three-day spring carnival which brings all locals and visitors together, with people dressed in aesthetic and colorful costumes, wearing masks and parading on the streets. This delightful festival takes place between the months of February and March. If you find planning your honeymoon during this time of the year, make sure that you visit Basel and enjoy the festivities.
Visit to Lausanne
Zurich, Bern and Geneva are amongst the major cities of the country. But Switzerland is home to many other cities that are as beautiful and pleasing if not more. Lausanne is one such city, located on the shores of Lake Geneva. Lausanne is a perfect getaway from the hustle and crowd of the big cities and also provides a chance to explore the beauty and simplicity of the countryside. Here you will find old and medieval towns and markets along with stylish and modern cafes and bars. You can also choose to stay simply there and enjoy the beautiful views of Lake Geneva.
There are various other quaint and attractive places that you can include on your Switzerland holiday packages. The country also promises exhilarating visuals of contemporary art. Enjoying local wine and stuffing yourself with cheese will make you feel at home in this beautiful country. Availing honeymoon packages for Switzerland and its various parts is the perfect way to spend quality time with your soul mate.
- Sightseeing Phoenix Arizona
- Tourist Attractions Tucson Arizona
- Things To Do In Mesa Arizona
- Sightseeing Tour Chandler Arizona
- Guided City Tour Glendale Arizona
- Tours Scottsdale Arizona
- Tours Gilbert Arizona
- Tours Tempe Arizona
- City Tour Peoria Arizona
- Things To Do Near Me Surprise Arizona
- Things To Do In Yuma Arizona
- Guided Tour Avondale Arizona
- Tours Flagstaff Arizona
- Things To Do In Goodyear Arizona
- City Tour Lake Havasu Arizona
- Sightseeing Tour Buckeye Arizona
- Attractions Casa Grande Arizona
- Tourist Attractions Sierra Vista Arizona
- City Tour Maricopa Arizona
- Sightseeing Tour Oro Valley Arizona
- City Tour Prescott Arizona
- Things To Do In Bullhead Arizona
- Sightseeing Prescott Valley Arizona
- City Tour Apache Junction Arizona
- Tours Marana Arizona
- Sightseeing Tour El Mirage Arizona
- Tourist Attractions Kingman Arizona
- City Tour Queen Creek Arizona
- City Tour Florence Arizona
- Tourist Attractions San Luis Arizona
- Guided City Tour Sahuarita Arizona
- Guided City Tour Fountain Hills Arizona
- Things To Do In Nogales Arizona
- Sightseeing Tour Douglas Arizona
- Things To Do In Eloy Arizona
- Guided City Tour Payson Arizona
- Attractions Somerton Arizona
- Sightseeing Tour Paradise Valley Arizona
- Things To Do Near Me Coolidge Arizona
- Tours Cottonwood Arizona
- Sightseeing Camp Verde Arizona
- Guided Tour Chino Valley Arizona
- Attractions Show Low Arizona
- Things To Do Near Me Sedona Arizona
- Things To Do Near Me Winslow Arizona
- Sightseeing Tour Safford Arizona
- Sightseeing Globe Arizona
- Tours Page Arizona
- City Tour Tolleson Arizona
- Guided Tour Wickenburg Arizona
- Attractions Young Arizona
- Things To Do In South Tucson Arizona
- Guided Tour Snowflake Arizona
- Sightseeing Bisbee Arizona
- City Tour Guadalupe Arizona
- City Tour Litchfield Park Arizona
- City Tour Benson Arizona
- Guided City Tour Holbrook Arizona
- Guided City Tour Cave Creek Arizona
- Guided Tour Eagar Arizona
- Tourist Attractions Thatcher Arizona
- City Tour Colorado Arizona
- Tours Pinetop-Lakeside Arizona
- Things To Do In Taylor Arizona
- Sightseeing Clarkdale Arizona
- Things To Do In Dewey-Humboldt Arizona
- Attractions Willcox Arizona
- Guided City Tour Quartzsite Arizona
- Tourist Attractions St. Johns Arizona
- Tourist Attractions Carefree Arizona
- Things To Do In Clifton Arizona
- Sightseeing Parker Arizona
- Tourist Attractions Williams Arizona
- City Tour Wellton Arizona
- Attractions Superior Arizona
- Tourist Attractions Pima Arizona
- Attractions Star Valley Arizona
- Guided Tour Springerville Arizona
- Things To Do Near Me Kearny Arizona
- City Tour Gila Bend Arizona
- Tours Huachuca Arizona
- Attractions Miami Arizona
- Things To Do Near Me Mammoth Arizona
- Sightseeing Tombstone Arizona
- Things To Do Near Me Fredonia Arizona
- City Tour Patagonia Arizona
- Tourist Attractions Duncan Arizona
- Sightseeing Tour Hayden Arizona
- Things To Do In Jerome Arizona
- Guided Tour Winkelman Arizona
- Attractions Tusayan Arizona