Packing for a vacation can be a maddening experience. You spend hours digging through your closets, chests of drawers, and other storage spaces looking for all the right clothes. Then comes the fun part: Trying to pack it all into a suitcase while staying under the weight limit. You surely don’t want to get socked with a surcharge once you arrive at the airline ticket counter.
Throughout this mind-bending exercise, it’s easy to overlook some very important steps that can help make your Arizona vacation go smoother, especially if you suffer a loss. Here are some suggestions to consider before packing your luggage.
1. Buy a backpack. Talk about versatile baggage. Forget that small piece of luggage that comes snuggled inside your main suitcase. A backpack has multiple storage compartments that secure with a zipper, and it easily stores in the overhead bins. Best of all, you can sling it over your shoulder for easy transport.
2. Store your valuables in the backpack during the flight. This will keep them in sight, but also protects them. A 35mm SLR camera and a handheld transceiver (H-T, to you ham radio ops out there), bit the dust on separate trips because I stashed them in the suitcase. Even though I wrapped them in clothing, they still got jostled enough to break. A very costly learning experience.
3. Make photocopies of your passport. Leave one copy at home or with a trusted friend. The others are stashed in your room safe. (If you don’t have access to a safe, hide the paperwork in rolled up clothing.) If your passport is lost or stolen, the sooner you can provide the consulate or embassy with a photocopy, the faster you’ll get a new passport. You may even consider scanning the appropriate page, and leaving that file home. Your contact there can easily e-mail the file, should that become necessary.
Texas Vacation Ideas
So, you live in the Dallas/Ft.Worth area and would like a brand new experience during your vacation this year. You have probably done and seen just about everything there is to offer within a few hundred miles of the metroplex. Last spring break you and the family rode the coasters at Six Flags, or built castles of sand on the Gulf Coast. Possibly, you traveled to the Texas Hill Country, witnessed some old German heritage, and felt the chill of the river at Schlitterbahn. However, this year, the options don't seem as plentiful. Could it be there is an area almost untouched by man, smothered in wilderness and beauty? An area where people of all ages can enjoy. One that can be reached via automobile in about three hours from Dallas. The answer is yes, but most North Texas residents don't even know it exists.
Welcome to Southeast Oklahoma and the Beavers Bend and Broken Bow Lake recreational areas. Now, some of you may be thinking Oklahoma is nothing but windy plains and tornado warnings. However, the far Eastern section of the state is covered with Smoky Mountain style wilderness. In particular, the far Southeastern town of Broken Bow and the area just to the north. This is where Beavers Bend State Park and Broken Bow Lake are located. The state park offers activities ranging from horseback riding to fly fishing. The lake is clear and cold, as the water runs out of the Kiamichi Mountains year round. Trees and jutting rocks surround the lake, as well as it's pristine shoreline. Even though it is a man made lake, you will see little evidence that man has even been there.
While visiting, you will have a multitude of lodging options. Most vacationers choose to stay in a private Beavers Bend cabin rental or camp out at Beavers Bend State Park. The private cabins range from $75 - $600 per night and can accommodate anywhere from one person to a dozen or so. If you are looking for a luxury vacation cabin or a Beavers Bend getaway, one of the local cabin management companies should be able to suit your needs. It is recommended to book your cabin several months out for major holidays and spring and summer vacations. If you decide to pitch a tent or bring an RV, make arrangements early, as spots are limited and fill up fast during Spring and Summer breaks.
4. Copy any pertinent medical records and prescription information as above.
Guided City Tour in Arizona
There are places that are the greatest destinations for a holiday all year round. So no matter the weather there are locations that can be the best choice for our winter or summer vacation.
These locations are not only the exotic islands in Greece, Malta or Gibraltar. There are places that have some beautiful characteristics no matter the season. So, we can choose to go in our summer vacation in the countryside, for example. There are many activities that we can take part of and the wonderful landscapes can be admired in long hikes and walks. You can do some bird watching, go horseback riding or just start your own painting project.
If you decide that you want to spend your winter holiday in the countryside then you should know that there are things that you can do even in the cold season. Renting a room at an inn and spending your evenings in front of a roaring fire with a cup of hot coco in your hands is the best method for relaxation.
Even if the weather is cold and snowy you can still take short walks around the place where you are spending your vacation. A walk in the fresh air will do wonders for your health, especially for people that live in polluted cities. The frozen and still nature can also be very beautiful and worthy to take pictures of it. If you spend your winter vacation with your kids then you can also play with them in the snow.
However, no matter the season and no matter the place that you decide to spend your vacation all you have to do is to make sure that you spend quality time with your friends and family. So, plan your vacation carefully and have a wonderful time!
- Sightseeing Phoenix Arizona
- Tourist Attractions Tucson Arizona
- Things To Do In Mesa Arizona
- Sightseeing Tour Chandler Arizona
- Guided City Tour Glendale Arizona
- Tours Scottsdale Arizona
- Tours Gilbert Arizona
- Tours Tempe Arizona
- City Tour Peoria Arizona
- Things To Do Near Me Surprise Arizona
- Things To Do In Yuma Arizona
- Guided Tour Avondale Arizona
- Tours Flagstaff Arizona
- Things To Do In Goodyear Arizona
- City Tour Lake Havasu Arizona
- Sightseeing Tour Buckeye Arizona
- Attractions Casa Grande Arizona
- Tourist Attractions Sierra Vista Arizona
- City Tour Maricopa Arizona
- Sightseeing Tour Oro Valley Arizona
- City Tour Prescott Arizona
- Things To Do In Bullhead Arizona
- Sightseeing Prescott Valley Arizona
- City Tour Apache Junction Arizona
- Tours Marana Arizona
- Sightseeing Tour El Mirage Arizona
- Tourist Attractions Kingman Arizona
- City Tour Queen Creek Arizona
- City Tour Florence Arizona
- Tourist Attractions San Luis Arizona
- Guided City Tour Sahuarita Arizona
- Guided City Tour Fountain Hills Arizona
- Things To Do In Nogales Arizona
- Sightseeing Tour Douglas Arizona
- Things To Do In Eloy Arizona
- Guided City Tour Payson Arizona
- Attractions Somerton Arizona
- Sightseeing Tour Paradise Valley Arizona
- Things To Do Near Me Coolidge Arizona
- Tours Cottonwood Arizona
- Sightseeing Camp Verde Arizona
- Guided Tour Chino Valley Arizona
- Attractions Show Low Arizona
- Things To Do Near Me Sedona Arizona
- Things To Do Near Me Winslow Arizona
- Sightseeing Tour Safford Arizona
- Sightseeing Globe Arizona
- Tours Page Arizona
- City Tour Tolleson Arizona
- Guided Tour Wickenburg Arizona
- Attractions Young Arizona
- Things To Do In South Tucson Arizona
- Guided Tour Snowflake Arizona
- Sightseeing Bisbee Arizona
- City Tour Guadalupe Arizona
- City Tour Litchfield Park Arizona
- City Tour Benson Arizona
- Guided City Tour Holbrook Arizona
- Guided City Tour Cave Creek Arizona
- Guided Tour Eagar Arizona
- Tourist Attractions Thatcher Arizona
- City Tour Colorado Arizona
- Tours Pinetop-Lakeside Arizona
- Things To Do In Taylor Arizona
- Sightseeing Clarkdale Arizona
- Things To Do In Dewey-Humboldt Arizona
- Attractions Willcox Arizona
- Guided City Tour Quartzsite Arizona
- Tourist Attractions St. Johns Arizona
- Tourist Attractions Carefree Arizona
- Things To Do In Clifton Arizona
- Sightseeing Parker Arizona
- Tourist Attractions Williams Arizona
- City Tour Wellton Arizona
- Attractions Superior Arizona
- Tourist Attractions Pima Arizona
- Attractions Star Valley Arizona
- Guided Tour Springerville Arizona
- Things To Do Near Me Kearny Arizona
- City Tour Gila Bend Arizona
- Tours Huachuca Arizona
- Attractions Miami Arizona
- Things To Do Near Me Mammoth Arizona
- Sightseeing Tombstone Arizona
- Things To Do Near Me Fredonia Arizona
- City Tour Patagonia Arizona
- Tourist Attractions Duncan Arizona
- Sightseeing Tour Hayden Arizona
- Things To Do In Jerome Arizona
- Guided Tour Winkelman Arizona
- Attractions Tusayan Arizona