Encourage staff and managers to take their vacation time. Even a day or two of vacation can make a huge difference in employee motivation. Now is the best time to plan the summer schedule and ensure that your employees are taking those earned and deserved vacation days and Texas .
USA Today published that some 51% of executives surveyed by Accountemps, Menlo Park, Calif., a specialized staffing service for temporary accounting, finance, and bookkeeping professionals, maintain they are more productive after a vacation than before.
The Best Attractions in Texas
Now there is more proof that vacations increase employee productivity and even improve overall health, as the Travel Industry Association released its conclusions from studies of data that looked at the health benefits of vacation travel.
Property Pitfalls to Avoid When Owning a Vacation Home
Packing for a vacation can be a maddening experience. You spend hours digging through your closets, chests of drawers, and other storage spaces looking for all the right clothes. Then comes the fun part: Trying to pack it all into a suitcase while staying under the weight limit. You surely don't want to get socked with a surcharge once you arrive at the airline ticket counter.
Throughout this mind-bending exercise, it's easy to overlook some very important steps that can help make your vacation go smoother, especially if you suffer a loss. Here are some suggestions to consider before packing your luggage.
1. Buy a backpack. Talk about versatile baggage. Forget that small piece of luggage that comes snuggled inside your main suitcase. A backpack has multiple storage compartments that secure with a zipper, and it easily stores in the overhead bins. Best of all, you can sling it over your shoulder for easy transport.
2. Store your valuables in the backpack during the flight. This will keep them in sight, but also protects them. A 35mm SLR camera and a handheld transceiver (H-T, to you ham radio ops out there), bit the dust on separate trips because I stashed them in the suitcase. Even though I wrapped them in clothing, they still got jostled enough to break. A very costly learning experience.
3. Make photocopies of your passport. Leave one copy at home or with a trusted friend. The others are stashed in your room safe. (If you don't have access to a safe, hide the paperwork in rolled up clothing.) If your passport is lost or stolen, the sooner you can provide the consulate or embassy with a photocopy, the faster you'll get a new passport. You may even consider scanning the appropriate page, and leaving that file home. Your contact there can easily e-mail the file, should that become necessary.
4. Copy any pertinent medical records and prescription information as above.
5. Record the lost/stolen number of your credit card company. Include the last eight digits of your card number for quick reference. Keep a copy in your room safe and hidden in your suitcase. (Remember that thieves are most interested in valuables and cash.)
6. Leave contact information in your suitcase. Don't rely solely on the hang tag provided by the airline or tour company. Those can tear off during flight. Stash a couple business cards inside your luggage (ditto for your backpack).
7. Buy a money pouch. These are great for storing cash and documents, including your passport. They are inexpensive and available in lots of places.
Yes, packing for a vacation can be a lot of work, but is worth it. Every moment spent carefully planning for contingencies just adds to the comfort as you are relaxing on the beach or in the pool.
5 Best Islands in Thailand for Honeymoon
The big day is fast approaching but just one more “fling before the ring”: the bachelorette party is on the to-do list. Discover why Barcelona is the ideal destination for you and the gals
Not sure where you’re going to party down with the girls on one of your last nights as a single lady? Not to fret. Round up the troops and take everyone to the amazing city of Barcelona that will surely have plenty in store, no matter what kind of fun you’re looking for. Here’s why you should be considering Gaudi’s city for your Bachelorette party:
Sun and Sand: Barcelona may be a city, but it is encompassed by a wonderful coastline that leaves little to be desired. One of the great things about this Spanish city is that it is extremely versatile, and that goes for the beaches as well. If you’re looking for some wild entertainment, take the ladies to the bustling Barceloneta Beach. If you want a peaceful stretch of sand, however, head on over to Baddalona Beach where you’ll for sure be rubbing elbows with the locals.
Explore on Two Wheels: Are you travelling with a rather adventurous bunch? Experience all this European city has to offer on the back of a Vespa. Barcelona-based scooter rental agency, Vesping, is trying a new travel concept: GPS guided scooters. Gather the girls, choose your locations, plug them in the personal navigation system on each scooter, and go! Or if you prefer guided tours in Barcelona, check out Vesping’s tours headed by their city experts.
Rooftop Living Soirée: It’s 5:00 somewhere, and if you’re in Barcelona, you should be finding yourself at one of its many rooftop terrace bars throughout the city. In addition to great cocktails and a slight breeze up ther, they offer an amazing view of the city and a rather glamorous place for you to have bachelorette drinks with the girls.
Airbnb: This is the best invention since low cost airlines. Essentially people rent out their apartments to vacationers. So instead of paying an arm and a leg for a luxury accommodation, you pay less for a city-center apartment with a kitchen and a fabulous terrace. What a great place for all your girls to stay in one place.
Shopping: Not like you’ll have any time in between shopping and partying to satisfy your shopping itch, but if you’re looking to give your credit card a workout or need a new trendy outfit for a night on the Catalan town, make it over to Passeig di Gracia and enjoy the shops and fabulous architecture.
Nightlife: This needs little explanation. bachelorette parties are an excuse to get on down and cut a rug, and Barcelona has a myriad of places to do it. Whether you like relaxed lounge settings with a possibility to dance, or hardcore, all night raves, this vibrant city is sure to help you make memories well into the morning hours.
Alternative Activities: Booze cruise? Limo tour? Cooking class? Or take the plunge and do a group Flamenco lesson, what’s more in line with the vibe of this Catalan city? Barcelona offers some of the most unique activities that you can share with your girlfriends for a truly unforgettable trip.
Food: With all that partying, you’ll need some fuel to keep you going. Explore Barcelona’s culinary treats and learn something about the culture in which they come from. Whether it’s seafood or tapas, you’re in for a delectable treat. Try the famous paella, the prevalent traditional Spanish food. Indulge at the chic ‘Can Sole,’ and try some Spanish delicacies or get to Tram-Tram, located in Uptown Barcelona for the true flavor of tradition.
Your bachelorette party should be nothing short of the time of your life, so get on down to Barcelona and experience everything this European city has to offer with your best girlfriends.
Vacation Things To Do Attractions