Encourage staff and managers to take their vacation time. Even a day or two of vacation can make a huge difference in employee motivation. Now is the best time to plan the summer schedule and ensure that your employees are taking those earned and deserved vacation days and Texas .
USA Today published that some 51% of executives surveyed by Accountemps, Menlo Park, Calif., a specialized staffing service for temporary accounting, finance, and bookkeeping professionals, maintain they are more productive after a vacation than before.
The Best Guided Tour in Texas
Now there is more proof that vacations increase employee productivity and even improve overall health, as the Travel Industry Association released its conclusions from studies of data that looked at the health benefits of vacation travel.
Vacationing in Texas
Packing for a vacation can be a maddening experience. You spend hours digging through your closets, chests of drawers, and other storage spaces looking for all the right clothes. Then comes the fun part: Trying to pack it all into a suitcase while staying under the weight limit. You surely don't want to get socked with a surcharge once you arrive at the airline ticket counter.
Throughout this mind-bending exercise, it's easy to overlook some very important steps that can help make your vacation go smoother, especially if you suffer a loss. Here are some suggestions to consider before packing your luggage.
1. Buy a backpack. Talk about versatile baggage. Forget that small piece of luggage that comes snuggled inside your main suitcase. A backpack has multiple storage compartments that secure with a zipper, and it easily stores in the overhead bins. Best of all, you can sling it over your shoulder for easy transport.
2. Store your valuables in the backpack during the flight. This will keep them in sight, but also protects them. A 35mm SLR camera and a handheld transceiver (H-T, to you ham radio ops out there), bit the dust on separate trips because I stashed them in the suitcase. Even though I wrapped them in clothing, they still got jostled enough to break. A very costly learning experience.
3. Make photocopies of your passport. Leave one copy at home or with a trusted friend. The others are stashed in your room safe. (If you don't have access to a safe, hide the paperwork in rolled up clothing.) If your passport is lost or stolen, the sooner you can provide the consulate or embassy with a photocopy, the faster you'll get a new passport. You may even consider scanning the appropriate page, and leaving that file home. Your contact there can easily e-mail the file, should that become necessary.
4. Copy any pertinent medical records and prescription information as above.
5. Record the lost/stolen number of your credit card company. Include the last eight digits of your card number for quick reference. Keep a copy in your room safe and hidden in your suitcase. (Remember that thieves are most interested in valuables and cash.)
6. Leave contact information in your suitcase. Don't rely solely on the hang tag provided by the airline or tour company. Those can tear off during flight. Stash a couple business cards inside your luggage (ditto for your backpack).
7. Buy a money pouch. These are great for storing cash and documents, including your passport. They are inexpensive and available in lots of places.
Yes, packing for a vacation can be a lot of work, but is worth it. Every moment spent carefully planning for contingencies just adds to the comfort as you are relaxing on the beach or in the pool.
Secrets To Spend Less On A Vacation With Your Family
Vacations can be the highlight of the year for many people. Who doesn't like to get away from work, responsibilities, etc... And just relax for a while? However, economics may be holding some people back from indulging in a retreat.
You expect to pay for attraction, board, gas, and food. There isn't much you can do about the price of attraction's and gas. However, food is a very expensive part of the vacation, and is changeable.
On average, a family spends at least five dollar's (per person) just to eat a single fast food meal. This can not only destroy a vacation budget, but it also is very unhealthy. Ever wonder why people come back from vacations with a five pound weight gain? - Junk food!
So, here are things for an easy vacation food alternative; that is cheap, but still healthy.
Look for a hotel, condo, cabin, etc... With a kitchenette.
On average, you will pay about $10.00 more for a kitchenette. However, you can eliminate the cost of food. If there are four vacation members, that is a minimum of $60.00 a day that you are eliminating.
If there is a kitchenette in the room, you can cook pretty much anything. This allows you to have a healthy and cheap meal. If you don't want to struggle with a cooler on the trip, just look for a local grocery store, once you get to your destination.
Many hotel rooms have mini fridges and microwave's in the room now. Typically, these rooms do not cost more than any other room. When booking the hotel, just ask if there is a microwave and fridge. The fridge can hold milk for breakfast cereal. Grits and oatmeal also make for an easy vacation food. Lunch meat and soup can be a lunch meal. This still save's you the expense of two meals. Make a frugal third meal choice and it save's tons of money.When booking a hotel ask if they provide a complimentary breakfast.
Some of these breakfasts are full breakfast bars, but some are finger food like donut and bagel. This will at least save you the cost of breakfast.
Do an online search for restaurants in the area.
An online hotel booking site, city data cite, etc... Will provide a restaurant guide. Some restaurants will have a kid's eat free menu, offer two for one deal's, have a hotel discount, etc... Of course, this will not eliminate the cost of meals, but it can be an option for easy cheap vacation food.
Vacation hot spots will often have vacation packages.
A vacation package is tricky. Some do lower the cost of attractions, food, and lodging, by combining them. However, do careful research. Some of these package's can actually be higher when bundled. Bring snacks with you for the drive and to carry to attractions.
Snacks like peanut butter crackers, granola bars, rice cakes, etc... Travel well and are substantially filling. Also, bring your own bottled water and soda's.
Whether you want to eliminate the cost of food, lower the cost of food, or just find easy vacation food....these idea's are sure to help you out. Sometimes, the few hundred dollars saved in food, could be the difference in affording a vacation, or staying home.
Vacation Things To Do Guided Tour