Packing for a vacation can be a maddening experience. You spend hours digging through your closets, chests of drawers, and other storage spaces looking for all the right clothes. Then comes the fun part: Trying to pack it all into a suitcase while staying under the weight limit. You surely don’t want to get socked with a surcharge once you arrive at the airline ticket counter.
Throughout this mind-bending exercise, it’s easy to overlook some very important steps that can help make your Texas vacation go smoother, especially if you suffer a loss. Here are some suggestions to consider before packing your luggage.
1. Buy a backpack. Talk about versatile baggage. Forget that small piece of luggage that comes snuggled inside your main suitcase. A backpack has multiple storage compartments that secure with a zipper, and it easily stores in the overhead bins. Best of all, you can sling it over your shoulder for easy transport.
2. Store your valuables in the backpack during the flight. This will keep them in sight, but also protects them. A 35mm SLR camera and a handheld transceiver (H-T, to you ham radio ops out there), bit the dust on separate trips because I stashed them in the suitcase. Even though I wrapped them in clothing, they still got jostled enough to break. A very costly learning experience.
3. Make photocopies of your passport. Leave one copy at home or with a trusted friend. The others are stashed in your room safe. (If you don’t have access to a safe, hide the paperwork in rolled up clothing.) If your passport is lost or stolen, the sooner you can provide the consulate or embassy with a photocopy, the faster you’ll get a new passport. You may even consider scanning the appropriate page, and leaving that file home. Your contact there can easily e-mail the file, should that become necessary.
Easy Vacation Food - Quick and Easy Food Ideas While You're on Vacation
There are places that are the greatest destinations for a holiday all year round. So no matter the weather there are locations that can be the best choice for our winter or summer vacation.
These locations are not only the exotic islands in Greece, Malta or Gibraltar. There are places that have some beautiful characteristics no matter the season. So, we can choose to go in our summer vacation in the countryside, for example. There are many activities that we can take part of and the wonderful landscapes can be admired in long hikes and walks. You can do some bird watching, go horseback riding or just start your own painting project.
If you decide that you want to spend your winter holiday in the countryside then you should know that there are things that you can do even in the cold season. Renting a room at an inn and spending your evenings in front of a roaring fire with a cup of hot coco in your hands is the best method for relaxation.
Even if the weather is cold and snowy you can still take short walks around the place where you are spending your vacation. A walk in the fresh air will do wonders for your health, especially for people that live in polluted cities. The frozen and still nature can also be very beautiful and worthy to take pictures of it. If you spend your winter vacation with your kids then you can also play with them in the snow.
However, no matter the season and no matter the place that you decide to spend your vacation all you have to do is to make sure that you spend quality time with your friends and family. So, plan your vacation carefully and have a wonderful time!
4. Copy any pertinent medical records and prescription information as above.
Sightseeing in Texas
1. Find Cheap Flights
Your flight can be the most expensive part of your trip, if you spend some time planning and scouring the internet you can find the tickets you need at a significant discount. If you have the ability to purchase your airfare 6 weeks in advance you will see the prices drop below the average fare. The fare is also below average outside of the peak traveling seasons. If you travel during the off seasons you can save money on more than just the flights.
Check multiple websites. Many of the discount sites are owned by airlines, so their prices may be biased. Check a few discount sites, but also check the airline’s website, sometimes they post discounts on their website only. Airlines are also using social media to send out limited time deals. Make sure to follow the airline’s Facebook and Twitter to get these immediately because they can fill up fast.
2. Travel As Light As Possible
Airlines are starting to charge if you have more than one bag or an oversized bag. Before you pack an item, decide whether you will use it enough to justify the space it will take up. Coordinating items with whomever you are traveling with can help save space and weight. Two hair dryers or sets of toiletries are probably unnecessary. Some places even provide toiletries eliminating the need to bring any at all. If it is at all possible do not use an oversized bag. Airlines are increasing prices for weight as well.
3. Utilize Vacation Rentals
Instead of staying in a hotel you can rent a house or an apartment, which is perfect for families or if you are traveling in a group. Many hotels limit you to four guests per hotel room. You can find vacation rentals of different sizes that can fit all sizes of groups. They will also have a kitchen, so you don’t have to go out to eat for every meal, which can be a tremendous saving. Also, going to the grocery to buy snacks and drinks for the day will be much cheaper than buying snacks and drinks at your activity. There are vacation rentals all over the world that have apartments and houses for rent for every experience from a beach vacation to a ski vacation and everything in between.
4. Research Public Transportation
Using public transportation to get to your activities will be considerably cheaper than renting a car or using taxis. Each city posts routes and times on their website, check if public transportation is an option at your destination. Public transportation isn’t only in large cities anymore. Public transportation can now be an option in smaller cities too.
But if public transportation isn’t an option and you have to rent a car here are a few tips to help you save money. If it is possible use a non-airport facility. Some airport rentals can be twice the price of an agency a few miles away. Also, picking up and dropping off your car at the same facility is much more affordable than dropping your rental off at another location. Finally, compare the weekly rate with the daily rate. Often times the weekly rate will be lower than the daily rate.
Hopefully these tips will help you to save some money and hopefully you can use that money you saved to take another trip! But there are many more methods to save money on vacation than what I listed here, so always be on the lookout for better deals and get creative to find more ways to save yourself money.
- Guided Tour Houston Texas
- City Tour San Antonio Texas
- Sightseeing Tour Dallas Texas
- Guided City Tour Austin Texas
- Sightseeing Fort Worth Texas
- Things To Do In El Paso Texas
- Tourist Attractions Arlington Texas
- Things To Do In Corpus Christi Texas
- City Tour Plano Texas
- Things To Do Near Me Laredo Texas
- Tourist Attractions Lubbock Texas
- Guided City Tour Garland Texas
- Guided City Tour Irving Texas
- Tours Amarillo Texas
- Sightseeing Grand Prairie Texas
- Guided City Tour Brownsville Texas
- Things To Do In Pasadena Texas
- Things To Do In Mesquite Texas
- City Tour McKinney Texas
- Things To Do In McAllen Texas
- Sightseeing Killeen Texas
- Sightseeing Tour Waco Texas
- Things To Do Near Me Carrollton Texas
- Tours Beaumont Texas
- Sightseeing Tour Abilene Texas
- Tours Frisco Texas
- Attractions Denton Texas
- Things To Do In Midland Texas
- Sightseeing Wichita Falls Texas
- Sightseeing Tour Odessa Texas
- Guided Tour Round Rock Texas
- Things To Do In Richardson Texas
- Attractions Tyler Texas
- Things To Do Near Me Lewisville Texas
- Tourist Attractions College Station Texas
- Attractions San Angelo Texas
- Guided City Tour Pearland Texas
- Attractions Allen Texas
- Sightseeing League Texas
- Tours Longview Texas
- Tours Sugar Land Texas
- Attractions Edinburg Texas
- Things To Do Near Me Mission Texas
- Tours Bryan Texas
- City Tour Baytown Texas
- Guided Tour Pharr Texas
- Sightseeing Missouri Texas
- City Tour Temple Texas
- City Tour Harlingen Texas
- Sightseeing Flower Mound town Texas
- Guided City Tour North Richland Hills Texas
- Things To Do In Victoria Texas
- Sightseeing Tour New Braunfels Texas
- Tourist Attractions Mansfield Texas
- Guided City Tour Conroe Texas
- Sightseeing Rowlett Texas
- Sightseeing Tour Port Arthur Texas
- Tours Euless Texas
- Guided City Tour DeSoto Texas
- Tours Cedar Park Texas
- Sightseeing Tour Galveston Texas
- Guided Tour Georgetown Texas
- Things To Do In Bedford Texas
- Attractions Pflugerville Texas
- Things To Do In Grapevine Texas
- Tourist Attractions Texas Texas
- Guided City Tour Cedar Hill Texas
- Tourist Attractions San Marcos Texas
- Sightseeing Haltom Texas
- Things To Do In Wylie Texas
- Sightseeing Tour Keller Texas
- Guided Tour Coppell Texas
- Sightseeing Huntsville Texas
- Things To Do In Duncanville Texas
- Sightseeing Tour Sherman Texas
- Tourist Attractions Rockwall Texas
- City Tour Hurst Texas
- City Tour Burleson Texas
- Guided Tour Texarkana Texas
- Tours Lancaster Texas
- Things To Do In The Colony Texas
- Tours Friendswood Texas
- Guided Tour Weslaco Texas
- Sightseeing Tour Del Rio Texas
- Guided Tour Lufkin Texas
- Guided City Tour San Juan Texas
- Tours La Porte Texas
- Attractions Nacogdoches Texas
- Sightseeing Copperas Cove Texas
- Things To Do Near Me Socorro Texas
- Attractions Deer Park Texas
- Tourist Attractions Schertz Texas
- Attractions Rosenberg Texas
- Tourist Attractions Waxahachie Texas
- Tours Cleburne Texas
- Sightseeing Tour Farmers Branch Texas
- Attractions Kyle Texas
- Tourist Attractions Big Spring Texas
- Things To Do Near Me Lake Jackson Texas
- Guided Tour Harker Heights Texas
- Tourist Attractions Southlake Texas
- Tours Leander Texas
- Attractions Eagle Pass Texas
- Tourist Attractions Kingsville Texas
- Sightseeing Tour Little Elm Texas
- Tourist Attractions Greenville Texas
- Guided City Tour Weatherford Texas
- Things To Do Near Me Seguin Texas
- Tourist Attractions Paris Texas
- City Tour San Benito Texas
- Things To Do In Alvin Texas
- Tourist Attractions Corsicana Texas
- Sightseeing Tour Balch Springs Texas
- Sightseeing Tour Marshall Texas
- Things To Do Near Me Watauga Texas
- Things To Do In University Park Texas
- Sightseeing Colleyville Texas
- Guided Tour Denison Texas
- City Tour Kerrville Texas
- Tours Plainview Texas
- Guided Tour Benbrook Texas
- Attractions Sachse Texas