Packing for a vacation can be a maddening experience. You spend hours digging through your closets, chests of drawers, and other storage spaces looking for all the right clothes. Then comes the fun part: Trying to pack it all into a suitcase while staying under the weight limit. You surely don’t want to get socked with a surcharge once you arrive at the airline ticket counter.
Throughout this mind-bending exercise, it’s easy to overlook some very important steps that can help make your Nevada vacation go smoother, especially if you suffer a loss. Here are some suggestions to consider before packing your luggage.
1. Buy a backpack. Talk about versatile baggage. Forget that small piece of luggage that comes snuggled inside your main suitcase. A backpack has multiple storage compartments that secure with a zipper, and it easily stores in the overhead bins. Best of all, you can sling it over your shoulder for easy transport.
2. Store your valuables in the backpack during the flight. This will keep them in sight, but also protects them. A 35mm SLR camera and a handheld transceiver (H-T, to you ham radio ops out there), bit the dust on separate trips because I stashed them in the suitcase. Even though I wrapped them in clothing, they still got jostled enough to break. A very costly learning experience.
3. Make photocopies of your passport. Leave one copy at home or with a trusted friend. The others are stashed in your room safe. (If you don’t have access to a safe, hide the paperwork in rolled up clothing.) If your passport is lost or stolen, the sooner you can provide the consulate or embassy with a photocopy, the faster you’ll get a new passport. You may even consider scanning the appropriate page, and leaving that file home. Your contact there can easily e-mail the file, should that become necessary.
8 Reasons to Plan a Bachelorette in Barcelona
Encourage staff and managers to take their vacation time. Even a day or two of vacation can make a huge difference in employee motivation. Now is the best time to plan the summer schedule and ensure that your employees are taking those earned and deserved vacation days.
USA TODAY (MAR 01 2007) published that some 51% of executives surveyed by Accountemps, Menlo Park, Calif., a specialized staffing service for temporary accounting, finance, and bookkeeping professionals, maintain they are more productive after a vacation than before
Now there is more proof that vacations increase employee productivity and even improve overall health, as the Travel Industry Association released its conclusions from studies of data that looked at the health benefits of vacation travel.
- On a scale of 1 to 5, travelers rate their overall health 1 full point higher while on vacation.
- Travelers say they get three times more deep sleep and sleep almost 20 minutes longer after their vacation.
- Even the anticipation of vacation travel generates an increase in positive feelings about one's life as a whole, family, economic situation, and health.
- An annual vacation can cut a person's risk of heart attack by 50 percent
- Women who take more vacations are more satisfied with their marriages.
- More than half of employed Americans say they come back feeling reconnected with their family after vacation.
- Three out of four executives believe that vacations are necessary for them to prevent burnout or that vacations improve their personal job performance.
- Travelers experience a 25 percent increase in performance on vigilance tests after returning from vacation - travelers 45 or older show a 50 percent increase in performance.
- Two out of three executives believe that vacations improve their creativity.
Results indicate that annual vacations can improve health, quality of daily life, productivity, and commitment to family and the workplace.
4. Copy any pertinent medical records and prescription information as above.
Tours in Nevada
Texas is the second biggest state in the US and is known to be a great vacation destination. It has a rich and diverse landscape and the people too are extremely friendly. You will definitely enjoy yourself here on your vacation.
Here are some Texas vacation ideas that will help to make your vacation a memorable and enjoyable one:
If you are planning a vacation to Texas, then select a destination that you would like to visit. The state has several beautiful towns and cities that cater to tourists. Some of the most frequented tourist destinations in the state are Galveston and Houston which offer several activities and also places of interest.
Accommodation is not an issue in the state. You can kind one to suit any budget. The capital Austin has several hotels that you can book without worrying about the cost. While cities like Houston, Galveston and San Antonio have budget hotels that offer excellent lodging.
If you are in Texas, you just have to taste the local cuisine. If you are not interested in it, then the restaurants would be more than happy to serve you something more to your taste.
There are just too many places to see in the state and one trip may not suffice. Take a trip to the Gulf Coast, to the town of Port Arkansas. Here you can spend time relaxing in the sun, strolling on the beach, bird watching or just picking up beautiful shells that are found in abundance on the sandy beach. You can also charter a boat and go for a cruise or watch dolphins frolicking in the ocean.
Otherwise, plan a visit to Gladys Porter Zoo, which is situated on South Padre Island. Here you can see wild animals living in their natural habitat. You can even take a safari to watch the animals from up close.
If you are more of a city person, then visit Austin. Here you can spend time at the Barton Springs Pool, Austin Duck Adventures or the Zilker Botanical Garden.
If all this does not interest you, then you can visit a ranch and watch rodeo and live the life of a real cowboy for a few days. This will surely get you all excited and pepped up!
- Guided Tour Boulder Nevada
- Guided City Tour Caliente Nevada
- Attractions Carlin Nevada
- Guided Tour Carson Nevada
- City Tour Elko Nevada
- Guided City Tour Ely Nevada
- Things To Do In Fallon Nevada
- City Tour Fernley Nevada
- Tourist Attractions Henderson Nevada
- Sightseeing Tour Las Vegas Nevada
- Tourist Attractions Lovelock Nevada
- Tourist Attractions Mesquite Nevada
- Attractions North Las Vegas Nevada
- Attractions Reno Nevada
- Things To Do In Sparks Nevada
- Things To Do Near Me Wells Nevada
- Sightseeing Tour West Wendover Nevada
- Sightseeing Winnemucca Nevada
- Attractions Yerington Nevada