Packing for a vacation can be a maddening experience. You spend hours digging through your closets, chests of drawers, and other storage spaces looking for all the right clothes. Then comes the fun part: Trying to pack it all into a suitcase while staying under the weight limit. You surely don’t want to get socked with a surcharge once you arrive at the airline ticket counter.
Throughout this mind-bending exercise, it’s easy to overlook some very important steps that can help make your Texas vacation go smoother, especially if you suffer a loss. Here are some suggestions to consider before packing your luggage.
1. Buy a backpack. Talk about versatile baggage. Forget that small piece of luggage that comes snuggled inside your main suitcase. A backpack has multiple storage compartments that secure with a zipper, and it easily stores in the overhead bins. Best of all, you can sling it over your shoulder for easy transport.
2. Store your valuables in the backpack during the flight. This will keep them in sight, but also protects them. A 35mm SLR camera and a handheld transceiver (H-T, to you ham radio ops out there), bit the dust on separate trips because I stashed them in the suitcase. Even though I wrapped them in clothing, they still got jostled enough to break. A very costly learning experience.
3. Make photocopies of your passport. Leave one copy at home or with a trusted friend. The others are stashed in your room safe. (If you don’t have access to a safe, hide the paperwork in rolled up clothing.) If your passport is lost or stolen, the sooner you can provide the consulate or embassy with a photocopy, the faster you’ll get a new passport. You may even consider scanning the appropriate page, and leaving that file home. Your contact there can easily e-mail the file, should that become necessary.
Going on Vacation? Some Things to Think About Before You Go
With the price of everything around you skyrocketing like there is no tomorrow, it is not going to be easy to save up for a good vacation with your family. Of course, compare the airfares (If travelling by plane ) or maybe even plan to take the trip by road to save up on your cash. But there are more things out there, which you can take care of so, such that you don't end up spending too much on your vacation with your family.
Fasten your seat belt, and let us go for a "thrifty" ride.
Plan And Spend
When on a vacation, shelling out a lot of money for unnecessary items is something we are very good at. And there is no denying that this can actually increase many times when you travel with your family. To avoid such unwelcome scenarios decide upfront how much will you be spending on your vacation.
Make a list of all the possible places where you will have to go, along with your travel and accommodation charges. And once you have a rough figure, decide on whether you are spending a little too much, or do you still have room in your budget for some more dollars.
Your Credit Card Can Do Wonders
You have probably acquired those loyal points/rewards from the usage of our credit cards in either restaurants or grocery stores. Well, it is time to pull out the same cards again, and it is quite simple as well.
All you have to do is sign up for those rewards which would require you to meet some minimum spending requirements and pay your entire bill by the end of the month. Trust me, these rewards or points from the credit cards can help you save quite a bit of money when booking airfare or accommodation.
Technology - Your best friend for the vacation
What better way to get suggestions than from the technology itself? Whether you want to stop to grab a bite when you are on a road trip, or you need to know where a gas station is on the way, there are hundreds of apps out there which suggest various deals that are on offer for your requirements. And then there is Google Maps which you can use to store all these key locations so that you don't have to break your head later trying to find them.
Reuse, Reduce, Recycle
I know most of you might disagree with me on this, but think of it again, the "use and throw" goods may be cheaper and more convenient but you have to buy the same goods repeatedly. When you are out with your family, you will end up buying so much stuff that you will start wondering, have I come out for a vacation or shopping?
Instead of spending your cash on these items, purchase reusable goods for your vacation. It might be a pack of washable clothes instead of a paper roll, or substitute water bottles for all the plastic water bottles you buy. Make sure each time you buy something, you stop and think whether a reusable replacement is available for the same. You will also be contributing to the environment by keeping it cleaner with less plastic and other non-reusable waste.
Hotels? Think Again
One of the biggest expenses when traveling with your family is the accommodation. With innumerable options out there, you might be tempted to opt for the best hotel, or a famous hotel to live in, for a week or two? But with all of you cramped up in just one room, do you think you are going to end up with a pleasant experience. And if you are on a vacation with other family relatives as well, you can just imagine the resulting turmoil.
"Thank you for all the facilities you have, but no I prefer a vacation rental instead." This is what I tell most hotel owners or their associates who ask me if I need a hotel room. Just think of it, you have a whole house to yourself, where you can cook your own food, your kids have a lot of space to run around and have some fun of their own, and you will be entitled to your own free space as well. And the best part is: all this comes for a very affordable price.
4. Copy any pertinent medical records and prescription information as above.
Sightseeing in Texas
There are places that are the greatest destinations for a holiday all year round. So no matter the weather there are locations that can be the best choice for our winter or summer vacation.
These locations are not only the exotic islands in Greece, Malta or Gibraltar. There are places that have some beautiful characteristics no matter the season. So, we can choose to go in our summer vacation in the countryside, for example. There are many activities that we can take part of and the wonderful landscapes can be admired in long hikes and walks. You can do some bird watching, go horseback riding or just start your own painting project.
If you decide that you want to spend your winter holiday in the countryside then you should know that there are things that you can do even in the cold season. Renting a room at an inn and spending your evenings in front of a roaring fire with a cup of hot coco in your hands is the best method for relaxation.
Even if the weather is cold and snowy you can still take short walks around the place where you are spending your vacation. A walk in the fresh air will do wonders for your health, especially for people that live in polluted cities. The frozen and still nature can also be very beautiful and worthy to take pictures of it. If you spend your winter vacation with your kids then you can also play with them in the snow.
However, no matter the season and no matter the place that you decide to spend your vacation all you have to do is to make sure that you spend quality time with your friends and family. So, plan your vacation carefully and have a wonderful time!
- Guided Tour Houston Texas
- City Tour San Antonio Texas
- Sightseeing Tour Dallas Texas
- Guided City Tour Austin Texas
- Sightseeing Fort Worth Texas
- Things To Do In El Paso Texas
- Tourist Attractions Arlington Texas
- Things To Do In Corpus Christi Texas
- City Tour Plano Texas
- Things To Do Near Me Laredo Texas
- Tourist Attractions Lubbock Texas
- Guided City Tour Garland Texas
- Guided City Tour Irving Texas
- Tours Amarillo Texas
- Sightseeing Grand Prairie Texas
- Guided City Tour Brownsville Texas
- Things To Do In Pasadena Texas
- Things To Do In Mesquite Texas
- City Tour McKinney Texas
- Things To Do In McAllen Texas
- Sightseeing Killeen Texas
- Sightseeing Tour Waco Texas
- Things To Do Near Me Carrollton Texas
- Tours Beaumont Texas
- Sightseeing Tour Abilene Texas
- Tours Frisco Texas
- Attractions Denton Texas
- Things To Do In Midland Texas
- Sightseeing Wichita Falls Texas
- Sightseeing Tour Odessa Texas
- Guided Tour Round Rock Texas
- Things To Do In Richardson Texas
- Attractions Tyler Texas
- Things To Do Near Me Lewisville Texas
- Tourist Attractions College Station Texas
- Attractions San Angelo Texas
- Guided City Tour Pearland Texas
- Attractions Allen Texas
- Sightseeing League Texas
- Tours Longview Texas
- Tours Sugar Land Texas
- Attractions Edinburg Texas
- Things To Do Near Me Mission Texas
- Tours Bryan Texas
- City Tour Baytown Texas
- Guided Tour Pharr Texas
- Sightseeing Missouri Texas
- City Tour Temple Texas
- City Tour Harlingen Texas
- Sightseeing Flower Mound town Texas
- Guided City Tour North Richland Hills Texas
- Things To Do In Victoria Texas
- Sightseeing Tour New Braunfels Texas
- Tourist Attractions Mansfield Texas
- Guided City Tour Conroe Texas
- Sightseeing Rowlett Texas
- Sightseeing Tour Port Arthur Texas
- Tours Euless Texas
- Guided City Tour DeSoto Texas
- Tours Cedar Park Texas
- Sightseeing Tour Galveston Texas
- Guided Tour Georgetown Texas
- Things To Do In Bedford Texas
- Attractions Pflugerville Texas
- Things To Do In Grapevine Texas
- Tourist Attractions Texas Texas
- Guided City Tour Cedar Hill Texas
- Tourist Attractions San Marcos Texas
- Sightseeing Haltom Texas
- Things To Do In Wylie Texas
- Sightseeing Tour Keller Texas
- Guided Tour Coppell Texas
- Sightseeing Huntsville Texas
- Things To Do In Duncanville Texas
- Sightseeing Tour Sherman Texas
- Tourist Attractions Rockwall Texas
- City Tour Hurst Texas
- City Tour Burleson Texas
- Guided Tour Texarkana Texas
- Tours Lancaster Texas
- Things To Do In The Colony Texas
- Tours Friendswood Texas
- Guided Tour Weslaco Texas
- Sightseeing Tour Del Rio Texas
- Guided Tour Lufkin Texas
- Guided City Tour San Juan Texas
- Tours La Porte Texas
- Attractions Nacogdoches Texas
- Sightseeing Copperas Cove Texas
- Things To Do Near Me Socorro Texas
- Attractions Deer Park Texas
- Tourist Attractions Schertz Texas
- Attractions Rosenberg Texas
- Tourist Attractions Waxahachie Texas
- Tours Cleburne Texas
- Sightseeing Tour Farmers Branch Texas
- Attractions Kyle Texas
- Tourist Attractions Big Spring Texas
- Things To Do Near Me Lake Jackson Texas
- Guided Tour Harker Heights Texas
- Tourist Attractions Southlake Texas
- Tours Leander Texas
- Attractions Eagle Pass Texas
- Tourist Attractions Kingsville Texas
- Sightseeing Tour Little Elm Texas
- Tourist Attractions Greenville Texas
- Guided City Tour Weatherford Texas
- Things To Do Near Me Seguin Texas
- Tourist Attractions Paris Texas
- City Tour San Benito Texas
- Things To Do In Alvin Texas
- Tourist Attractions Corsicana Texas
- Sightseeing Tour Balch Springs Texas
- Sightseeing Tour Marshall Texas
- Things To Do Near Me Watauga Texas
- Things To Do In University Park Texas
- Sightseeing Colleyville Texas
- Guided Tour Denison Texas
- City Tour Kerrville Texas
- Tours Plainview Texas
- Guided Tour Benbrook Texas
- Attractions Sachse Texas