Packing for a vacation can be a maddening experience. You spend hours digging through your closets, chests of drawers, and other storage spaces looking for all the right clothes. Then comes the fun part: Trying to pack it all into a suitcase while staying under the weight limit. You surely don’t want to get socked with a surcharge once you arrive at the airline ticket counter.
Throughout this mind-bending exercise, it’s easy to overlook some very important steps that can help make your Texas vacation go smoother, especially if you suffer a loss. Here are some suggestions to consider before packing your luggage.
1. Buy a backpack. Talk about versatile baggage. Forget that small piece of luggage that comes snuggled inside your main suitcase. A backpack has multiple storage compartments that secure with a zipper, and it easily stores in the overhead bins. Best of all, you can sling it over your shoulder for easy transport.
2. Store your valuables in the backpack during the flight. This will keep them in sight, but also protects them. A 35mm SLR camera and a handheld transceiver (H-T, to you ham radio ops out there), bit the dust on separate trips because I stashed them in the suitcase. Even though I wrapped them in clothing, they still got jostled enough to break. A very costly learning experience.
3. Make photocopies of your passport. Leave one copy at home or with a trusted friend. The others are stashed in your room safe. (If you don’t have access to a safe, hide the paperwork in rolled up clothing.) If your passport is lost or stolen, the sooner you can provide the consulate or embassy with a photocopy, the faster you’ll get a new passport. You may even consider scanning the appropriate page, and leaving that file home. Your contact there can easily e-mail the file, should that become necessary.
Top Things to Do on Your Honeymoon Trip to Switzerland
When it comes to family reunion vacation planning the sky is the limit. But planning one that's affordable yet fun may seem to be quite a challenge. Not to worry. There are many ways to cut down the expense of family reunion vacations. Here are a number of money saving tips that can reduce costs up to 75%.
1. Book as many attendees as possible for deep discounts based on group rates.
2. Consider using your senior discount privileges where applicable.
3. Google vacation destinations and concentrate of agencies that offer the best rate cuts
4. Use entertainment books that feature destination discount rates and coupons
5. Use travel agencies that are sponsored by the company a family member works for.
Don't Forget The Children
Often family reunions cater to adults. But for your family reunion to be a fun and exciting venture for all it's important to plan a child-friendly event. Children get discounts almost as often and seniors so take a head count. Consider the what activities the children will enjoy. The first step is getting the children involved in the family reunion planning process. Ask the children to create a long list of possible activities all would enjoy.
Family Vacation Resorts
Family vacation resorts are the ideal destination for family reunion events. Best of all there are great price reductions for groups or 10, 20 or more. Everything you need to enjoy a relaxing reunion vacation is just a few steps away. Families can enjoy exotic food, cool down with a flavorful variety of refreshing drinks by sunny pools.
Camping and Nature Trails
For families that love the outdoors nothing could be better than breathing in the cool mountain air at a camp site, taking long hikes along mountain trails and getting cozy in a log cabin warmed by a natural log fire. You'll find great discounts in the fall. Nature lovers are captivated by mysterious caverns, fishing, bird watching, rock climbing and more. Families can take a nature tour by horseback and visit lakes and streams along the way.
City Bus Tours
Luxury bus tours are one of the most inexpensive ways to travel while still enjoying a classy reunion event. What could be more exciting than taking a bus trip to a big city hotel with indoor malls and funky sidewalk shops awaiting your perusal. Visit trendy restaurants and try out a variety of cultural cuisine. Take in a Broadway show and top it all off with breakfast in bed the next morning before checkout.
At A Theme Park
What kid would not enjoy the amazing rides, games, contests and competitions had at one of the popular theme parks, formerly known as amusement parks or water parks. Theme parks feature discount coupons for groups. Theme parks includes all kinds of amusements from roller coasters to outdoor stunt shows with a variety of themes. Want to make sure your kids have a great time? Take them to a theme park and they will be eternally grateful.
Family Reunion Cruises
Now exotic vacations on luxury cruise lines are the in thing for groups determined to relax, be pampered, served while enjoying an unforgettable family reunion. Best of all group packages, last minute booking and off season cruise travel can save you up to 75% off standard costs. Family business meetings can be held in cruise conference rooms and ball rooms. Some of the more popular cruise ships are listed below.
So where to go? Where ever the ocean and seas can take you. Some of the more popular cruise destinations ideal for family reunions are listed below.
Family Reunion Cruise Destinations
South America South Pacific
There is ample space for everyone and it's a whole lot of fun for all ages. It's less work, less planning and a lot more time to enjoy the family. Well planned cruise vacations are economical with more fun and relaxation then ever before.
4. Copy any pertinent medical records and prescription information as above.
Sightseeing in Texas
The big day is fast approaching but just one more “fling before the ring”: the bachelorette party is on the to-do list. Discover why Barcelona is the ideal destination for you and the gals
Not sure where you’re going to party down with the girls on one of your last nights as a single lady? Not to fret. Round up the troops and take everyone to the amazing city of Barcelona that will surely have plenty in store, no matter what kind of fun you’re looking for. Here’s why you should be considering Gaudi’s city for your Bachelorette party:
Sun and Sand: Barcelona may be a city, but it is encompassed by a wonderful coastline that leaves little to be desired. One of the great things about this Spanish city is that it is extremely versatile, and that goes for the beaches as well. If you’re looking for some wild entertainment, take the ladies to the bustling Barceloneta Beach. If you want a peaceful stretch of sand, however, head on over to Baddalona Beach where you’ll for sure be rubbing elbows with the locals.
Explore on Two Wheels: Are you travelling with a rather adventurous bunch? Experience all this European city has to offer on the back of a Vespa. Barcelona-based scooter rental agency, Vesping, is trying a new travel concept: GPS guided scooters. Gather the girls, choose your locations, plug them in the personal navigation system on each scooter, and go! Or if you prefer guided tours in Barcelona, check out Vesping’s tours headed by their city experts.
Rooftop Living Soirée: It’s 5:00 somewhere, and if you’re in Barcelona, you should be finding yourself at one of its many rooftop terrace bars throughout the city. In addition to great cocktails and a slight breeze up ther, they offer an amazing view of the city and a rather glamorous place for you to have bachelorette drinks with the girls.
Airbnb: This is the best invention since low cost airlines. Essentially people rent out their apartments to vacationers. So instead of paying an arm and a leg for a luxury accommodation, you pay less for a city-center apartment with a kitchen and a fabulous terrace. What a great place for all your girls to stay in one place.
Shopping: Not like you’ll have any time in between shopping and partying to satisfy your shopping itch, but if you’re looking to give your credit card a workout or need a new trendy outfit for a night on the Catalan town, make it over to Passeig di Gracia and enjoy the shops and fabulous architecture.
Nightlife: This needs little explanation. bachelorette parties are an excuse to get on down and cut a rug, and Barcelona has a myriad of places to do it. Whether you like relaxed lounge settings with a possibility to dance, or hardcore, all night raves, this vibrant city is sure to help you make memories well into the morning hours.
Alternative Activities: Booze cruise? Limo tour? Cooking class? Or take the plunge and do a group Flamenco lesson, what’s more in line with the vibe of this Catalan city? Barcelona offers some of the most unique activities that you can share with your girlfriends for a truly unforgettable trip.
Food: With all that partying, you’ll need some fuel to keep you going. Explore Barcelona’s culinary treats and learn something about the culture in which they come from. Whether it’s seafood or tapas, you’re in for a delectable treat. Try the famous paella, the prevalent traditional Spanish food. Indulge at the chic ‘Can Sole,’ and try some Spanish delicacies or get to Tram-Tram, located in Uptown Barcelona for the true flavor of tradition.
Your bachelorette party should be nothing short of the time of your life, so get on down to Barcelona and experience everything this European city has to offer with your best girlfriends.
- Guided Tour Houston Texas
- City Tour San Antonio Texas
- Sightseeing Tour Dallas Texas
- Guided City Tour Austin Texas
- Sightseeing Fort Worth Texas
- Things To Do In El Paso Texas
- Tourist Attractions Arlington Texas
- Things To Do In Corpus Christi Texas
- City Tour Plano Texas
- Things To Do Near Me Laredo Texas
- Tourist Attractions Lubbock Texas
- Guided City Tour Garland Texas
- Guided City Tour Irving Texas
- Tours Amarillo Texas
- Sightseeing Grand Prairie Texas
- Guided City Tour Brownsville Texas
- Things To Do In Pasadena Texas
- Things To Do In Mesquite Texas
- City Tour McKinney Texas
- Things To Do In McAllen Texas
- Sightseeing Killeen Texas
- Sightseeing Tour Waco Texas
- Things To Do Near Me Carrollton Texas
- Tours Beaumont Texas
- Sightseeing Tour Abilene Texas
- Tours Frisco Texas
- Attractions Denton Texas
- Things To Do In Midland Texas
- Sightseeing Wichita Falls Texas
- Sightseeing Tour Odessa Texas
- Guided Tour Round Rock Texas
- Things To Do In Richardson Texas
- Attractions Tyler Texas
- Things To Do Near Me Lewisville Texas
- Tourist Attractions College Station Texas
- Attractions San Angelo Texas
- Guided City Tour Pearland Texas
- Attractions Allen Texas
- Sightseeing League Texas
- Tours Longview Texas
- Tours Sugar Land Texas
- Attractions Edinburg Texas
- Things To Do Near Me Mission Texas
- Tours Bryan Texas
- City Tour Baytown Texas
- Guided Tour Pharr Texas
- Sightseeing Missouri Texas
- City Tour Temple Texas
- City Tour Harlingen Texas
- Sightseeing Flower Mound town Texas
- Guided City Tour North Richland Hills Texas
- Things To Do In Victoria Texas
- Sightseeing Tour New Braunfels Texas
- Tourist Attractions Mansfield Texas
- Guided City Tour Conroe Texas
- Sightseeing Rowlett Texas
- Sightseeing Tour Port Arthur Texas
- Tours Euless Texas
- Guided City Tour DeSoto Texas
- Tours Cedar Park Texas
- Sightseeing Tour Galveston Texas
- Guided Tour Georgetown Texas
- Things To Do In Bedford Texas
- Attractions Pflugerville Texas
- Things To Do In Grapevine Texas
- Tourist Attractions Texas Texas
- Guided City Tour Cedar Hill Texas
- Tourist Attractions San Marcos Texas
- Sightseeing Haltom Texas
- Things To Do In Wylie Texas
- Sightseeing Tour Keller Texas
- Guided Tour Coppell Texas
- Sightseeing Huntsville Texas
- Things To Do In Duncanville Texas
- Sightseeing Tour Sherman Texas
- Tourist Attractions Rockwall Texas
- City Tour Hurst Texas
- City Tour Burleson Texas
- Guided Tour Texarkana Texas
- Tours Lancaster Texas
- Things To Do In The Colony Texas
- Tours Friendswood Texas
- Guided Tour Weslaco Texas
- Sightseeing Tour Del Rio Texas
- Guided Tour Lufkin Texas
- Guided City Tour San Juan Texas
- Tours La Porte Texas
- Attractions Nacogdoches Texas
- Sightseeing Copperas Cove Texas
- Things To Do Near Me Socorro Texas
- Attractions Deer Park Texas
- Tourist Attractions Schertz Texas
- Attractions Rosenberg Texas
- Tourist Attractions Waxahachie Texas
- Tours Cleburne Texas
- Sightseeing Tour Farmers Branch Texas
- Attractions Kyle Texas
- Tourist Attractions Big Spring Texas
- Things To Do Near Me Lake Jackson Texas
- Guided Tour Harker Heights Texas
- Tourist Attractions Southlake Texas
- Tours Leander Texas
- Attractions Eagle Pass Texas
- Tourist Attractions Kingsville Texas
- Sightseeing Tour Little Elm Texas
- Tourist Attractions Greenville Texas
- Guided City Tour Weatherford Texas
- Things To Do Near Me Seguin Texas
- Tourist Attractions Paris Texas
- City Tour San Benito Texas
- Things To Do In Alvin Texas
- Tourist Attractions Corsicana Texas
- Sightseeing Tour Balch Springs Texas
- Sightseeing Tour Marshall Texas
- Things To Do Near Me Watauga Texas
- Things To Do In University Park Texas
- Sightseeing Colleyville Texas
- Guided Tour Denison Texas
- City Tour Kerrville Texas
- Tours Plainview Texas
- Guided Tour Benbrook Texas
- Attractions Sachse Texas